1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Salt Prices

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Gered, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just curious who has the best salt price in Des Moines? I know there is not many options but thought I would check.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would say Seascapes, maybe. Go in and tell them you are a member. IF they still have boxes available from the pallet we ordered you can maybe get a great price on a 200 gallon box.

3. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I just talked to Seascapes and they just asked when I come in to verify that I am a member. Any ideas?

4. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying they asked you to verify you are a member? If so I can PM Tim and Scott and let them know. Do they even have any salt left?

5. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    I didn't notice seascapes price but adams had IO for $49/box when I was in there sunday....

6. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ya they asked to show I was member. If you can let them know that would be great! I am planning on stopping in Thursday night. And ya it sounded like they had a few left.

7. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If that is a 200 gallon box that is pretty good. But Seascapes may be $45 for a box of RC for members. Also, Adams will not support us so Seascapes is the place to go. That or Petland.
    I will PM Tim.

8. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    Yes, it was a 200 gallon box...good point on seascapes as I would much rather support them (and do) myself - Tim & Scott are great guys to deal with....I'll have to play the "newbie" card on Adams as I don't know who all is our sponsors... ;-)

9. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just talked to Tim. He is out of the $45 boxes of RC but has some at $55 for members. I will bring up the membership issue with the Board again. I may just have to give Tim and Scott a list.

10. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Went to seascapes this afternoon and picked up a box. Great guys in there and seemed like there livestock was up from last time I was in there!