1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

S.J. Smith Welding Supply - Cedar Rapids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AJ, May 27, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wanted to share a positive experience that I had with S.J. Smith Welding company recently.  Based on my experience, I would recommend them to others.
    I went there to get my CO2 canister refilled.  When I got there, the street was closed off and the store was dark; I wasn't sure if they were open.  Turns out the store had lost power due to a person hitting an electrical pole in the area and causing a power outage.  I was expecting to go in there and have them send my tank away to be refilled to be picked up in a few days.  Instead, they exchanged it for another tank (which I've heard is unusual when you bring in a tank that's not purchased from them) for $12.50 (5 lb tank).  Then, when I went to pay, I realized that my debit card would not work due to the power outage.  All I had was a 1, a 5 and a 100 dollar bill.  They told me Merry Christmas and not to worry about it...that I could bring them money later if I wanted, but if not, it was no big deal.  Now, I'll be bringing them the money for sure, but I thought that the gesture showed great customer service.  I had never been there before, but they were good to deal with and I will be using them again because of their great customer service.
    S.J. Smith Welding Supply
    1144 27th Ave SW
    Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
    (319) 362-7084
    --AJ

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is really awesome of those guys.