1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Royal Gramma and Falcohawk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MantisLvr, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MantisLvr

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Have had a royal gramma in my tank for almost 3 months and almost a week ago added a falcohawk because my longnosehawk jumped. The gramma is bigger then the hawk. Noticed today a split in the grammas tail and its hiding more. I am assuming they got into it today. The falco landed in front of gramma cave today and the gramma tried to ward him off but the falco just put its side even closer to the entrance. Will this resolve itself and I am assuming the tail will heal? They have been fine up until today. Thanks.

2. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0
    Nothing controls a hawkfish like another hawkfish from my experience at least. Don't know if that's an option but I had the same thing between my Flame Hawk and Royal Gramma. I added a longnose hawk and now he and the Flame Hawk are rarely apart. They don't fight but they like to watch each other and make sure when one of them touches one rock and moves the other has to touch it as well to make sure no ownership is being claimed or something. Had those 3 together now for a year and a half and all going well.

3. MantisLvr

Iowa
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but not and option. Rather then have the bullying continue was able to trap the hawk and took it back to store.