1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Roll Call..

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by rc1214b, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm Anna from Iowa City. Started in Feb. of 2006 - the worst financial mistake Max ever made was getting me equipment for a nano reef for Valentine's Day that year! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif I just joined GIRS about two weeks ago, but I've been on Reef Central and Nano-Reef since I got started in the hobby.

I have a 20 packed full of zoas, SPS, a little LPS, and a clam, soon to be 25 (tank thread in the General Forum!). Oh and there just might be a mystery upgrade in the very near future!

2. mr.jeff.wagner

mr.jeff.wagner Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jeff Wagner in CR.  Ive started my first reef tank in November 2007 and have already upgraded twice.
    Currently have a 40 breeder with 20 sump.  Mainly xenia... i know, but I love that stuff!  I do need some color tho...

3. peircer

peircer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi, I'm Peirce Richardson.  I live in Marion.  Been doing fish for about 4 years, and saltwater for about 2.

I've got a 125 with a 40 gallon fuge, and as soon as I move into my new house in about two weeks it will be a 125 in wall, reef ready with a 40 gallon fuge and a 75 gallon sump.  Soft coral so far, ~575 watts PC light.
    That and a bunch of freshwater tanks...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm Brett Stout, Coralville, i started researching the facts of saltwater in 2004, got my first tank in early 2007 (55 gallon) and upgraded to 90 last month.

90 Gallon with built in overflow
    used, reconstructed sump
    250 and 150 W heaters
    Coralife 48" with Lunar Lights
    Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer 6x
    Seaclone 100 skimmer

5. iowareef

iowareef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm Josh.

I've been in CR for nearly two years now. I live off Blairs Ferry out towards Palo.

I started with an Aquapod in the office. It had a major issue while I was traveling and I moved the few things that lived to a friends till I got a 210 set up at home. It was a good system with a Nice 75 gal sump and refugium in the stand. I put some Marco rocks in and then pieces from my aquapod and a bunch more from my dads tanks in CA. It now has the Marco Rocks seeded well. I am running 4 96w PC lights with hopes to upgrade soon.

I started running a denitrator that I got from ebay. It is working pretty good. Still in test phase.

I realize how this hobby is something that should not be gone into alone. There is too much info to aquire all by ones self. I hope to share what I have learned over the last two years and learn from all of your experiences too.

Josh