1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Roll Call..

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by rc1214b, Oct 31, 2007.

1. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Since I've recently met a few new people from the area I thought it would be nice to see who's on here and where they are at!

My name is Ryan Braumann and I'm in C.R.
    First started hobby in mid 90's took a break and started again in 02

I have a 75 gallon sps
    4 54w T5's on IC 660 (occasional 400 mh run)
    vortech circulation
    H&S A200 skimmer

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Heh, you stole my idea and beat me to posting this!

My name is Jason Brunken and I'm in Marion. I've been in this hobby since May of 2006 when my wife made the mistake of dragging me to the pet shop to get an upgrade to my daughters 1G gold fish tank. Quite possibly the most expensive mistake my wife has ever made! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/cool.gif

Tank Info:
    125G Mixed Reef
    40G Refugium
    30G Sump
    Octopus DNW-200 Recirc skimmer
    3 x 250W 14K Metal Halide Pendants
    4 x 39W T5 Actinics
    ACJR Controlling it all.

3. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy Orchuk, NE side of Cedar Rapids. Been doing this for the better part of 5 months now. My family (mainly daughter and me) have really enjoyed this as a new hobby. Only problem is I think I am going to have to take out a second morgage to keep at it.

Tank Info:
    90G Mixed Reef
    20G wet/dry Sump
    9watt UV
    Coralife 120 Super skimmer
    Solaris H4

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Caleb Kanneberg
    SW side of Cedar Rapids. Got into salt water at the end of 2006 with a reef tank. i thought it was expensive before i started, now it seams reasonable.... i guess my perspective changed.

33G Long reef
    12G AquaPod reef
    75G FOWLR
    29G Cichlid tank, looking to sell.

5. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Josh Bass
    I am in cedar rapids and i iowa city. I am a student at the u of i, I am in my 2nd year. I maintain my moms tank that is 180 that is in the process of being put into the wall. It is pretty much a fish only tank for now. It will eventually with time and money become a reef tank. At my place i have a 90 gallon that is in a bar stand. It is a reef tank with only a few fish. I recently made the mistake of putting a lunare wrasse in there and it killed three fish within a week. I do mostly softies some lps,not many sps.

6. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name is Josh Blasdell and i live on the NE side of CR. I have been in the hobby about 8 years now with my first saltwater tank being a 55 softie tank. I have a 40 gallon barebottom with 150w 14k halide and actinic PC's. CPR backpak skimmer and aquaclear 5000 H.O.B. filter. It is an enclosed system stuffed with soft corals. I have my 75 gallon SPS tank sitting in the closet that is waiting to be set up again as soon as i move in to my new house. Although i have grown quite fond of the ease of maintenance and flow of the corals in the current that the soft corals offer.

7. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Some day we should go to see each others tanks, and give advice, compliments, etc. It would be fun.

8. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im down for that! Sounds like a good way to get to know the rest of the reefgeeks in the area. God knows my gf wishes there were someone else for me to talk tank to, I think its driving her crazy.

9. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i'd be in.

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd be in too, but the reason the last CR/IC tank tour failed was because nobody stepped up to the plate to organize it. Unless someone does this time, I doubt if it will happen. If someone does want to be the organizer, they should step up and start a new thread!

11. js_bass

js_bass Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would agree my girlfriend tells me my fish are "frusterating" I dont get it. I like em. But who knows.

12. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi, i have been lurking on all the large nano reef boards for about a year and a half but, found they were too large and what valuable info they had to offer was disorganized and hard to find while sifting through all the bs. a fellow iowan on nano-reef.com referred me to this site and so i decided to shed my lurking shell.

i don't have anything set up yet but, look to start with a 12g system within the next few weeks. so...i will probably be asking for a lot of advice and opinions.

forgive me for my lack of using capitalized text and limited punctuation. my notebook has defective caps and shift keys.

be well,
    ben

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ben,

Welcome! You should introduce yourself to the rest of the group in the general forum.

-JB

14. Wenszoo

Wenszoo Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we are here'

15. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys I know I'm not from CR/IC but I seen that ben is also a member of nano-reef dot com. I'm also a member of nano-reef. Its cool to see you found the new site.
    By the way welcome.

16. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Wenszoo on 11/12/2007 6:54 AM
    we are here'
    I know who you are but others in the area might not. Tell us a little about yourselves and your tank/s

17. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are Steph and Nick in Robins.  [​IMG]
    We are looking forward to meeting everyone on the upcoming tank tour! 

18. compJTC

compJTC

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm John Chargo, I live in SE Cedar Rapids.

I've been into saltwater for about a year and a half and keep a 55 gallon tank.

19. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My name is CHris Eastin I am located on Southwest side of Cedar Rapids.  I ve been in the hobby for 3 years. I also clean saltwater aquariums on the side to pay for this hobby.
    Tank info:
    125 Reef Assortment of Soft and Hard
    75g sump full of chaeto and live rock
    2 bak pak skimmers
    2 175 MH 4 36" PC
    I run all natural no filter pads.
    Assorted fish
    Lots of Ricordia's
    Well this is just a start I am in the process of buying my first house then I am going to get a 6'x4' acrylic tank for a reef tank. It's going to be sweet. I would love to see everyones tank's around town. Thats a great Idea.

20. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name is Fawn, and I'm a reefaholic, lol /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif  I'm south of IC and I've been into SW for about 4 years now
    75g w/29g sump
    ASM G2 skimmer
    2 x 250 watt MH 14k
    Mod MJ's and Tunze's
    Mixed reef: A little bit of everything /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    In the process of starting a small frag tank too........