1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

RO/DI unit???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Adam

Durant, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been looking at the RO/DI units and was told just because it says 75 or 100gpd doesn't mean that's what you'll get.
    I was to if you wanted 75gpd you would have to by a 100 or 150gpd RO/DI system.
    Any suggestions on a good unit for under
    $200.00.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  2. etmeyer4327

etmeyer4327

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I use the duel home/reef 6 stage unit from air, water, and ice and am pretty happy with it. It is a 50 gpd unit, but produces about 25 gpd. Not a lot of experiences with other units but assume this to be fairly common.

I let it fill over night usually for my 15 gal water changes. Cost of the unit is just under 200.

3. BigB

BigB Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Depends on your water pressure. If u have low water pressure you will need a booster pump in order for the membrane to filter out the 75 or 100 gpd.
    You can call your local water department and they should be able to tell you the approximate water pressure at your house.

4. ShaneP Well Known Hawkfish

Williamsburg, IA
    Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Spectrapure 90 gpd refurb unit. $130

They're one of the best on the market. I'd shoot you a direct link if I weren't on my phone, but a Google search should get you to it.

WWW.spectrapure.com

5. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    +1 With BigB. I've also noticed that water pressure depends on the time of day. Morning pressure can be quite low during the week when people are getting ready to go to work and the same goes for right after work. Even just within my house I can see the output slow down if the dishwasher or washing machine are filling. I should try to remember to have it running at halftime during the Super Bowl flush and see if I have any pressure at all. LOL

I have a 75 gal 5 stage from AWI and have been very happy with it. I haven't measured the output but it has no problems overfilling my 30 gal container in less than a day. Makes my wife not so happy when that happens!

6. Adam

Durant, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help. I have a well that runs through my softener. I think it's around 50psi

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
  7. Pygmey Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -0
    I love my Typhoon Extreme 3 from Air Water Ice.. Makes tons of water lots of nice features and with the disounts from the club you will be close to that price