1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Replacement Center Brace

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jtesdall, Dec 9, 2007.

1. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The center Brace on my 55 Gallon All Glass Aggressive Tank broke today. The Glass Bowed but didn't break. I have a ratchet tie down strap on it now.
    Does anyone know if someone sells a replacement (I couldn't find one online) or do I need to manufacture one myself? I really don't want to tear down the tank and replace it.
    Or does Someone have a broken 55 that they can sell me the rim from? That should work I guess.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to order a whole new top from any pet shop that sells All-Glass tanks. I know that Pet's Playhouse here in CR keeps several sizes in stock. The only problem you're going to have is that you might have trouble getting the old top off if there is water in the tank.

-JB

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I made one out of angled aluminum found at menards. Was it part of the platic or glass? You can get glass cut to exact length & then silicone it in too.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It was the plastic peice in the center. The tank was about 10 years old.
    Thanks Guys this is what I was looking for. I will check with Iowa Pet Foods to see what Scott will charge for such an item. Otherwise maybe I will just have to build one out of Aluminum.