1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Regional Forums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Nov 4, 2007.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So what does everyone think about the idea of having regional forums?  They aren't very active yet, but the activity that is in them is the kind of stuff that I was hoping would show up.  
    When I added them I was hoping for the following.
    1) An easy way for people to get familiar with the other GIRS members in their area.
    2) An easy way to organize activities (This is happening with Tank tours already)
    3) An easy way to organize group buys (This is happening already too)
    When you have all these things lumped up into a single forum, the tend to get lost in the mix.
    The other thing that I hope happens (once the BOD thing sorts itself out) is that the regional trusties will make sticky posts that introduce themselves and talking about activity in their Region.
    What do you think?
    -JB

2. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 11/04/2007 9:28 AM
    So what does everyone think about the idea of having regional forums?  They aren't very active yet, but the activity that is in them is the kind of stuff that I was hoping would show up.  
    When I added them I was hoping for the following.
    1) An easy way for people to get familiar with the other GIRS members in their area.
    2) An easy way to organize activities (This is happening with Tank tours already)
    3) An easy way to organize group buys (This is happening already too)
    When you have all these things lumped up into a single forum, the tend to get lost in the mix.
    The other thing that I hope happens (once the BOD thing sorts itself out) is that the regional trusties will make sticky posts that introduce themselves and talking about activity in their Region.
    What do you think?
    -JB
    Sounds good JB. I think it will really help to keep the local activities organized.
    Billy