1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Refugium with Protein Skimmer 24"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rutherford, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Rutherford

Rutherford Inactive User

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  2. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seen ones like this but never used one. Look around for reviews or post on reef central if you don't get any feedback here. I'd be a little bit careful about how effective that skimmer will be.

3. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have one of those, it's the same one. The skimmer isn't great at all, the "inverted funnel" part of it isn't made very nicely. But if you can adapt a modded MJ onto it, then it does on ok job compaired to a backpack.
    As for the rest of it, i accidentally broke off the output plumbing because it was poorly made, so I put a bulkhead in and got along fine. Overall, i'd say it's very good FOR THE PRICE and if the main thing you want it for is the refugium feature then you won't be disappointing.

4. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would recomend a different brand like caleb said it is made cheap the plexi is extremely thin there is a reason for the price if look at some other brands they charge 2-3 times that amount just break down and build a sump for a refugium and more LOL.