1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

reeftopia.com group buy

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by ninjazx777, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How was everyones fish? I have 1 fish that is pretty much a goner and another that is still pretty lethargic. My order came in about 11 which is pretty good time but the fish seemed pretty cold. Everything else was ok just the 2 fish not doing so well /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

2. JohnL

JohnL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did they put heat packs in? Sorry to hear about your fish. My order is due tomorrow and I have 16 fish on the order I hope they planned for the cold weather.

3. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    There was 2 heat packs on top but I am wondering now the whole heat rising thing if the heat packs dont work as well on top. I have received snakes before over night and the typically put them on the bottom of the package and I received them in mid January. Anyway I hope they will work with me. I emailed them almost immediately after acclimation saying they were pretty cold and lethargic on arrival and some of them did not look so hot. The sheet they include about acclimating your new livestock mentions how they strive for happy customers so hopefully they will hold true to that.

4. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    our order didn't go so well. we were short 1 chromis, 1 green mandrin, 1 algea bleenie, and 100 empy shells. also 3 of the chromis were dead on arival. and i am haveing trouble getting anyone to respond to my emails or phone calls.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If they don't reply soon post in their sponsor forum on RC. I wasn't getting any rely from Aquatic Auctions, I posted in their forum and now they have replied and said they credited me back.
    Also, two of my chromis didn't make it. I now have 7. The Urchins are very nice!

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    good news they emailed me back and are going 2 reship the missing fish, and shells and repalce the the 3 dead chromis they are shipping them on monday it will arive on tuesday

unfortunately joel they don't warrenty fish that arive alive only doa the 4 chromis are being shipped will go to 1 to ball 1 to joel and 2 to me if you want joel you can have one of the two that r for me also so you will get 2

7. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have e-mailed them 3 times now and still have yet to hear a thing. Not really a happy camper at the moment! Lost roughly $45 dollars in fish which isn't a whole lot but on my budget it is. As of now I am not recommending them to anyone and giving them a bad review mainly due to their lack of communication.

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    I was also very worried about the royal gramma that I bought.  He was very lathargic  and I wasn't sure if he was going to make it.  But after getting him in the qurantine tank and leaving him overnight, he has started to perk up yesterday.  He is so small though, that I will probably keep him in the quarantine tank for quite sometime, as I am afraid the others in the display tank might eat him.

9. Gered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well after a very long process reefs2go finally gave me a credit towards my lost items so I decided to put an order together for some more CUC. I placed the order last Wednesday and according to the schedule they send in the e-mail it should have sent out Monday and received Tuesday. I waited around Tuesday to see no package. So after calling quite a few times I got a hold of them to find out they were shipping out Tuesday to receive for Wednesday. Ok so I wasted half a day waiting when they could have just e-mailed me saying it would be a day behind. That would have been perfectly fine. So I receive things today and open the box to find the cold packs cold and all the bags feeling like I just pulled them from the fridge or maybe even colder then that. Matt was here when I received it and I had him check to make sure I was feeling things right and they were truly that cold. Over 50% of my order was DOA and just not happy with them at all! The prices may be good but I would avoid reefs2go!

10. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    yes they are too much of a hassle and i would say close to 3/4 of the livestock it ordered are now dead reeftopia is by far better