1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Reefgeek order

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by beckerj3, Oct 28, 2009.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    I'm planning to order some T5 bulbs later this week from ReefGeek.  Anyone want to go in and split the shipping costs?  I'm planning to order 4 bulbs - for about $83.00.  Shipping is free on bulbs when $175 bulb order is reached.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well I do need another Lumenarc full size reflector but it doesn't look like they carry them.

3. Marc

Marc Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Joel all things behind us I can get you those @ a really good price if you want me to...

4. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Marc with all due respect we've gone through this several times. If you use this site you WILL follow it's rules! As of now you will be asked to stop posting for 5 days, after five days you may post again, if I see another post offering your "wholesale pricing" you will be banned from this site. The members of this club have fought a long hard battle to get the sponsors it has and it will that will not be taken away because you continue to not listen. Along with this post I will be sending a PM to you so there's no confusion. This is final.

5. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Marc will no longer be welcome on this site as he cannot understand how to follow the rules

6. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Im down. I will PM you what I am looking at.

7. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is shipping free on everything or just bulbs?

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Gered - got you PM.  I don't know if you calculated this or not (probably not since I didn't list the 4 bulbs I needed), but with your 4 bulbs, our order comes to $175.60 - just over the $175 threshold for free shipping on bulbs!!!! 
    Cowdust - the Reefgeek site states free shipping on most orders over $200.  However when I was entering a test order (only on bulbs), I found the free shipping to kick in at less than $200, so I called them and they told me only $175 for free shipping on bulbs.
    I plan to place the order tomorrow afternoon around 2pm. 

9. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +614 / 2 / -0
    Order has been placed.  Gered - I'll let you know when the bulbs arrive.