1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

ReefCleaners / Reeftopia DSM Group Buy & Donation

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Please change this to 1 10 pack of peppermint shrimp for 25 and 100 turbos for 45

total 70.00

2. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey they just updated their site, and loaded some new stuff.... is there a way you can add a Penny Gorgonians to my order? I know there's only 3 available, so they may be gone by then... but I figured it would be worth a try!

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I won't be placing the order until tomorrow and if you haven't paid me you have time to change

4. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Penny gorg for me too!!

5. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Turbo- just waiting on that pm to know how you want payment.

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

Here is just a copy/paste of items & quantites. I will send out instructions for sending payment via Paypal. Anyone who cannot pay via paypal, please let me know ASAP and we can figure it out.

Nick - Reefcleaners

1 x 500 Dwarf Cerith Snail Special

1 x 100 Florida Ceriths

10 x Zig Zag Periwinkles

3 x Virgin Nerites

2 x Thin Striped Hermit

5 x Nerite Snails

3 x Nassarius Vibex

6 x Medium/Larger Empty Hermit Shells

2 x Fuzzy Chiton

1 x Emerald/Ruby Mithrax Crab

5 x Dwarf Planaxis

1 x Brittle Star

5 x Assorted Hermits

10 x Blue Leg Hermit Crab

Nick - Reeftopia

10 Pepperment Shrimp

100 turbo Snails

Hart - Reefcleaners

10 Netrite

6 Chiton

10 Limpets

1 penny gorg

Hart - reetopia

12 turbos

Emerald Crab

Corky Finger Gorg

2 Lettuce Nudibrach

Bud - Reefcleaners

Bulk Lot of 100 Nerite Snails

Bulk Lot of 100 Florida Cerith Snails

Nassarius Vibex Snails: like 20 or so

jazzy - reefcleaners

10x florida cerith ($6)

1x caulerpa Prolifera-small ($5)

1x penny algae

20 Nassarius vibex

2x Fuzzy chiton

2x Emerald/Ruby mithrax crab

50x Blue leg hermit crab

50x nerite snails or possibly bulk lot of 100

1x pennny gorg

Jazzy -reeftopia

3x Red mithrax crab

1x Snail Turbo- astrea 12 lot

**peppermint shrimp**- Replacement

**neon goby**- Replacement

7. Mike-2

Mike-2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If its not too late I'd like to join the group buy. I'd like the following from reef cleaners.

14 blue leg hermit crabs
    4 Florida cerith snails
    4 nassarius vibex snails
    4 nerite snails
    3 scarlet hermit crabs
    7 med/lrg empty hermit shells
    10 regular empty hermit shells

Should come out to $25.05. I'd make it an even $30 and pitch in the $4.95 for the Boone stuff.

I would also take 10 of those dwarf cerith snails from Nick if you still have extra.
    I live in Indianola and will be in Ankeny in a meeting until 4 Ish would that be ok to pick it up after that?

8. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I am sure there will be plenty of ceriths. After 4 is fine.

9. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

Jazzy what is this item? Can't be both a turbo and an astrea, and i don't see any lot of 12 for anything but a star snail

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

I've got you down Mike

11. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Turbo- should be the first one on this page. "turbo snail price $10.00 per dozen" then in the description they say Turbo snail (Astrae).

http://reeftopia.com/reefaquariumsnails.htm

12. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Got it. They should just call it an Astrea snail IMO. Turbos can right themselves. Astreas can't so they die that's why I will never get them again. I have a tank full of astrea shells

13. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ha.. ok, as long as you got it. these are just for breeder tanks so they should work just fine. I got a dozen last time from them and they are doing great. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif

thanks for putting this together turbo! I'll send payment after I get that pm otherwise that should be all, right?

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Check your PMs - payment instructions sent.

Still waiting to hear back from ReefCleaners on the bulk lots availability, I just noticed that the Florida Cerith lots are gone now too - and we were getting 2 of those. So we will get what we can get i suppose and if a refund is required I will issue it.

15. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Reeftopia order placed

16. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Placed the Reefcleaners order yesterday, I was able to get 2 bulk lots of Nerites but no bulk lots of Florida Ceriths. Instead I had him add in 2 dozen of them to fill out the individual orders and Nick and I will get the rest at another time.

Everything should be here on Tuesday!

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

The package has shipped. Here is a copy of the e-mail I received regarding acclimation information.

Acclimation (All Animals)-

1. Float the bag in your tank to get them used to the temperature in your aquarium.

2. Wait 15 minutes.

3. Add contents to tank. Discard Water and Paper towels if any.

Important: Snails may go through shock during shipping, and be closed when they arrive. You should give them plenty of time to come out of their shells and move around before deciding they didn't make the trip. Ceriths may go dormant for up to 3 days.

You may find this to be different than the acclimation procedure you are used to carrying out. The reason we ask our customers to use this procedure is because our snails and crabs live intertidally, and can handle drastic swings in ph/salinity without a problem. However, what they can't handle is toxic levels of ammonia. During the shipping process, ammonia levels in the shipping bags build, while the ph level goes down. As the ph goes down the toxicity of ammonia also goes down. However, when your tank water with normal ph is introduced to the shipping bags, and the ph rises, so does the toxicity of the ammonia, and you will be poisoning the livestock. Please don't do this. Any other method of acclimation voids the Alive Arrival Guarantee. If you are a pro and know how to deal with these issues with ammonia neutralizing drips that may be a good idea for urchins, porcelains and true crabs. (If you are however unsure how to carry out this acclimation procedure please do not practice it with our livestock)

Macroalgae and Mangrove Acclimation-

1. Float the bag in your tank to get the macro used to the temperature in your aquarium.

2. Wait 15 minutes.

3. Add contents to tank. Discard Water and Paper towels if any.

4. Avoid direct light on red macros and acclimate them into your systems lighting by placing them initially in the shaded portions of your tank. (Treat like coral if you are familiar)

Your macro has been without light for some time and it needs light to survive. As long as it will not crash your tank, try to put the lights on when you introduce macro algae.

Rock-

1. Rinse Rock with some freshwater to remove any dust that may have settled on it in transport.

2. Add to tank. The rock is professionally cleaned, and contains no organics to alter your water chemistry.

18. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Both shipments are in Des Moines.

19. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Reeftopia order is here and all are in good shape.

20. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    my number is 515-419-7670. Address is 665 34th st Des Moines. (I-235 at 31st st exit). Text me IF you need to.