1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

ReefCleaners / Reeftopia DSM Group Buy & Donation

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Bud, Sep 28, 2013.

1. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    So from reeftopia:
    12 turbos - $10
    Emerald Crab - $5
    Corky Finger Gorg - $ 18
    2 Lettuce Nudibrach - $16
    Total 49

Total both places $85. I will up the donation to $15 for total of $100. If my math is right!

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Thanks Hart! Your math is right. That puts Reeftopia over $125 so free shipping.

Donations up to $93. Sweet!

3. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Good news, after hitting up reefcleaners they agreed to add $30 worth of stuff on to the order for donation. They said they don't typically do discounts aside from the occasional $5 off coupon code, and for group buys the overnight shipping costs can get really high so they can't do volume discounts so this is a good donation from them!

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Bump.

Anyone else want in on this? Right now there's only me, Nick, Chris, and Hart. kind of figured we would get more than 4 participants and/or donors!

5. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, I'm getting stuff from reefcleaners... and maybe a couple things from reef topia, but the bulk lot box of nerites I needed is no longer available from rc, so... just re working my order now.... I'll get it in before fri. though...

oh, and will these both be delivered at the same time? as in will I only have to make 1 trip to des moines to pick this stuff up, for both ordering locations?

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This group buy was not meant to combine together with yours, you just beat us to the punch. If you need one for the CR area, you can do that, but I see it as problematic if you want to lump a bunch of CR people in with this one, because of the extra in-the-bag time. But if you think you can swing it, I guess. I thought you had already placed your order.

Sucks about the nerites too because I was getting one for just my tanks.

7. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ?? Turbo I'm up in Ames, not cr I was talking about both reefcleaners and reeftopia arriving at the same time and same location...???

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Oh, duh - sorry, I got you confused with jstngates

9. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ha ha... it's ok... happens! lol. Will both places order be coming into des moines on tues. The 8th, if so I can add to both orders, but otherwise I'll just need to stick with one place (for one pick up)... Once I know this side of the details I can figure out all that I want to order. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks!

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Put me down for $10 donation. I don't need anything for my tanks.

11. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nice! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

12. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Thanks, so much!! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

13. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    We will need to wrap up this order and place it by the end of the day on Friday now, Reefcleaners informed me that by Saturday, they are usually full up with orders for Monday shipping. I would like to get firm commitments by noon tomorrow (Friday) and then I will place the order shortly thereafter.

Checking with Reeftopia but I'm guessing it's the same with them

14. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0

Both orders will be placed to arrive at Nick's house on the 8th.

Jazzy let me know ASAP what you want. Looks like there is no one else jumping on board so as soon as I can collect funds I'm going to place the order so that we can get what we need before anything else runs out.

I figure I've given this a week and that's enough time...

15. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok good, well if it's both places at the same time then here's my list!

Reef cleaners:
    10x florida cerith ($6)
    1x caulerpa Prolifera-small ($5)
    1x penny algae ($0.01)
    20 Nassarius vibex ($9)
    2x Fuzzy chiton ($7)
    2x Emerald/Ruby mithrax crab ($9)
    50x Blue leg hermit crab ($25)
    50x nerite snails ($37.50) (unless by some miracle they add back the bulk lot box for 100 nerites by the time we order...unlikely though!)

total: 98.51
    donate to round to 100- 1.49

Reeftopia:
    3x Red mithrax crab ($18)
    1x Snail Turbo- astrea 12 lot ($10)
    **peppermint shrimp**- Replacement
    **neon goby**- Replacement

total $28
    donate to round to 30- $2

Total between the two is $130- donating 3.49

I talked to reeftopia and my last shipment I lost a single shrimp and a single neon goby and they could just include it in this group buy as long as we put it in the 'comment' box (when your checking out)... simply say "replacement neon goby and peppermint shrimp for jasmine conrad". And they would take care of it.

16. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys are we putting in the reefcleaners order ourselves- via the group buy section? or is one person putting in the order? Same for reeftopia....

17. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'm just placing the order but I'll ask them to separate yours out

18. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, so do I need to place it, or are you?

19. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'm placing the order, you pay me. I'll send instructions for payment via PM

20. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks Turbo!