1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Reef Crystals @ $31.99 / 160g bucket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eric, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just did that a few weeks ago Eric...it definitely works. It feels a little, um, questionable ethically...but I got over it:)

3. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Matt,
    Where'd you get this code?
    I can't believe that multiple people have decided to use an old code at the same time...makes me wonder if Fosters & Smith have planted the code in forums to either sell off excess product, generate revenue, or determine where to best spend their sponsorship dollars.
    -Eric

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good question, not sure where I saw it...but on a forum somwhere. Obviously that post isnt' it since I got it before that. If you google that code though it's all over the place.

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I know Fosters watches RC, so I wouldn't doubt it. Race Foster actually replied to a thread I was on once. Someone was complaining about the service they got at the warehouse store. He took care of them.

6. Big Country

Big Country Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The code is in one of their catalogs through 4/30/2009.  I have the paper catalog right here - on the back of the catalog it says pricing expires 4/30/2009.  They do have newer catalogs out, though, that list a higher price and "expire" on the same day.

7. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can't get the code to work!?!?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it still works AFAICT, just add it to your cart (ignore the warning) and checkout. Do a search for "AGN-16882" and it will bring you to that product page.

9. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It looks like they've shut this down. I just tried to order and got the new price...

-JB

10. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ordered two last night and it worked, but you have to search for "AGN-16882" you cant enter it in the coupon code box. I just tried again and it is still working. If their catalog says it expires 4/30/09 they have to offer it, but they dont have to promote it anymore. Good luck

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, it just started working for me too. I went back to the site and my shopping cart was magically updated with the new price..

-JB

12. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ordered!!

13. Luukosian

Luukosian

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip, awesome buy. Just bought a bucket for 36.98 shipped.

14. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome. I will be getting some IO. Thanks for the info and link. Shaun

15. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
  16. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By llebcire on 02/18/2009 07:26 AM

Easy clarification for the codes, and don't worry about the warning that the offer is from 2007 and expired - still works.

The 'error' was not a problem...  mine is shipped and on the way at that crazy cheap price.

17. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By gb387 on 02/18/2009 02:05 PM

Posted By llebcire on 02/18/2009 07:26 AM

Easy clarification for the codes, and don't worry about the warning that the offer is from 2007 and expired - still works.

The 'error' was not a problem...  mine is shipped and on the way at that crazy cheap price.
    Yeah - I received the tracking info last night from F&S and it should be here Friday according to FedEx.
    -Eric

18. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How much does F&S charge for shipping each bucket?

19. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By h2so4hurts on 02/19/2009 05:28 AM
    How much does F&S charge for shipping each bucket?
    Shipping is cheap---  I bought 3 buckets and some other items and shipping was only $13.99 for fedex and that is shipping all items!