1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

RBTA ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jtown, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just picked one up last night from Brett at PetLand. When I got him it had attached to a rock so Brett just gave me the whole rock but what I want to know is how can I get it off and place it on a different rock? It moved all around the same rock over the last 15 hours and seems to found a place it likes and is staying put looking AMAZING!
    The rock is too big for the space I want the Nem to be so Id like to place it on a smaller rock and hope it stays put.
    Let me know what to do here guys. Is it ok to just pull it off or will it even come off? Do I just leave it be? Will it always roam around my tank or will it eventually stay put??? Fill me in....

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Bubble tip anemones are the most notorious for moving of all anemones. But to get it to move right away try taking an ice cub and rubbing its foot, taking a powerhead and blowing on its foot, or a combo of the two. There are other tips out there, but definitely don't injure it's foot, it will most likely die...

3. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I got him to move that's not an issue. Next question is how lethal is it to my other corals and especially sps? I found him a little bit ago sitting on my leng sy cap. The cap looks ok but it was barely touching it. Do I get it out while I can or not even worry about it? Please help!