1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Rare Armor of God Zoos in North Liberty

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Eric, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I've had a lot of response for my Armor of God zoos so I've decided to sell some frags to help pay for my tank upgrades - c'mon and help a brutha out!
    These are fairly rare and hard to find online, they go for $15-$30/polyp plus shipping, most places are on backorder status.
    Unbelievable hot pinkish/red coloration that pop out from across the room!  Great addition for the collector! I only have 12 or so to frag.
    $20 for one polyp
    $30 for two polyps
    $40 for three polyps
    $50 for four polyps
    All will be fresh cut and mounted.  Feel free to pm with questins or trade offers.  Not looking to ship.
    Unmolested (i.e. not-Photoshopped, completely untouched) pics from last night - I don't have the best camera skills and these pics don't do them justice!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    6 already spoken for.

~Eric

3. kyle

kyle Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got a frag of these at the Frag fest last fall.They are really pretty.Can't remember who had them , but I would reccomend them,actinic makes em glow!

4. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ill help you pay for your up grades but do you need mh or not if not what other polyps pm me your bother from another mother

5. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You don't need MH for zoa polyps, man.   They should be fine in your tank towards the top half.

6. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

I'm also looking for a tank to use as a sump if anyone has one to trade.

Going into a 72 gallon bowfront stand, so I'm thinking a 29 or 30 gallon, in the 30" long by 12" wide range.  Doesn't have to be pretty as I'll install baffles - needs to be decent and obviously hold water [​IMG].  Fine if it's drilled as long as the bulkhead is plugged.
    Thanks!

7. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 72 bow front also. I have a 30 gallon high and it barely fit in. I mean barely. I had to take the center brace off the stand and slide it down.
    Edit:  It's the 30" wide.

8. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By REEFer Madness on 01/19/2009 08:10 PM
    I have a 72 bow front also. I have a 30 gallon high and it barely fit in. I mean barely. I had to take the center brace off the stand and slide it down.
    Edit:  It's the 30" wide.
    I was wondering about the largest tank that I could put in this stand.
    I came from a 75g, so the stand was spacious!
    Problem is that I want to create a fuge in the sump, have an internal return pump AND my ETSS skimmer which is 8" in diameter.  I might need to put the skimmer next to the sump (should be a tight fit) and hard plumb/drill back into the sump.
    Got a link to pics of your setup on Reef Central/Photobucket/etc.?
    Thanks!

9. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here's the left side of my sump.  The black thing on the right is the support in between the doors.  Also, the white lid is pretty much all I can fit on the left side of the tank in the stand.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the right side and all I can fit next to it on this side is my hand held PH monitor and my refractometer.
    [​IMG]
    I too went as big as I could.  I measured inside that stand and thought I would have plenty of room since the stand has the bow to it also.  Well, I did all the work to the 30 gallon and couldn't fit it through the door like I thought I could.  Thank God this was when I just had a few coral and live rock at the time because I had to set up my extra 55 gallon and move everything to that tank to remove my 72 off the stand and slide it in.  It really is a tight fit.
    I planned to have a fuge in my sump before I even bought the 30 gallon.  SO that came in handy, right now the rock is still pretty white.  But you'll have to have either a skimmer in the sump itself like mine, or a small hang on the back, because my skimmer is too tall to hang on.  The collection cup won't fit under the main tank like I thought it would.

10. saltwaternewbee

saltwaternewbee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PM sent

11. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

8 zoos are gone, have a few left!

~Eric

12. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I plan on traveling south of Des Moines tomorrow to Chariton and will be as far west as Newton to Hwy 14 south. Or, I could go through Ottumwa (34)/Oskaloosa (92)/etc. if needed.

If there were a large enough order, I would go into Des Moines, up to Ankeny, down through Indianola, etc. for delivery.

Thanks!

13. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    FYI - I will be unavailable from the afternoon of Sunday the 1st (tomorrow) until Sunday the 8th so I won't be able to respond to posts or PM's about my frags for sale. You'll be able to pick up until tomorrow afternoon if needed.
    Thanks!

14. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Got a deal on a frag!

15. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Deal frag is sold, have sold 14 polyps and am about out.
    Thanks!