1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Fall Fest Raffle List

Discussion in '2018' started by beckerj3, Oct 25, 2018.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    PLEASE NOTE!!!

Due to the State of Iowa regulations related to Charitable Gambling (we have a license for these types of raffles), we cannot require anyone to be present to win. There are actually a lot of rules and regulations surrounding raffles, I've spent countless hours making sure that I understand them so that we operate these with full legality. So I'm not making up rules out of the blue, I just have to make sure that the Club follows the rules that the legislators make up.

This means, we will be taking down information (Name, Phone, Email, Address) for everyone who purchases raffle tickets so that we may contact you in case you win and you are not present.

I had to actually ask whether the following was "acceptable" since those rules I refer to are actually extremely vague with respect to the next part!

You must either:

A) Collect your prize at the show
    B) Designate someone to collect your prize on your behalf (a heads up would be appreciated when this is the case!)
    C) Arrange for pickup or delivery of your prize within 1 week of notification (you pay for any expense - the club will not absorb shipping cost, etc)
    D) You may forfeit your prize at any time (even before the drawing I suppose)

RAFFLE TICKET PRICES:

$20 per sheet of 25 tickets

** TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE EVENT! **

Note: Due to the Charitable Gambling regulations which require that all tickets are purchased at equal value, we cannot give a discount multiple sheet purchases. For simplicity's sake, we are not selling partial sheets. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

At all GIRS Fests, we sell raffle tickets in "sheet" form that are generally referred to as "Chinese raffle tickets". Each sheet has 25 tickets, plus a ticket stub that you keep (and an additional ticket that we keep when we give it to you).

Each raffle item has it's own ticket box, so you only have to drop in tickets for the items you want to win.

Just in case that isn't clear enough, here is a handy guide to how to raffle like a boss:

Also note: since the Members-only drawing is separate from the main raffle, and does not require you to pay extra for a ticket, we don't have to follow the aforementioned rules. You do have to be present to win, and if you aren't there to claim your prize, there will be a re-draw.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Fall Fest 2018 - Raffle Prize list

Grand Prize
    Neptune Systems
    APEXEL CONTROLLER SYSTEM

2nd Prize - Not as grand, but still very nice!

Kessil
    A360W-E TUNA BLUE LED AQUARIUM LIGHT (WIDE ANGLE)

And

Maxspect
    XF230 GYRE PUMP WITH CONTROLLER (2300 GPH)

More raffle prizes to be added!

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Additional Raffle Prizes:

$200 Gift Certificate to Live Aquaria

Triton Test kit

BRS ROX Carbon
    BRS High Capacity GFO
    BRS Calcium and Soda ash - 1 gallon mixes (5 winners)
    BRS Kalkwasser

Finnex heater
    Eheim Jager heater
    4 stage RO/DI replacement filter kit

Test kits:
    Red Sea Calcium pro
    Red Sea Nitrate pro
    Hanna Checker - Ultra Low phosphorus
    Salifert - Magnesium
    Salifert - Alkalinity

Red Sea Salt - 175 gallon mix

KZ Amino Acids - LPS
    Poly labs Reef-roids

4. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    More Raffle Prizes:
    Thanks to our vendors for supplying the following:

Bulk Reef Supply: 4 Stage Value Plus RO/DI system

Kessil: 5 T-shirts and towels

LRS
    :
    Reef Frenzy

Mermaid's Cove
    :
    2 - $50 Gift certificates

Ocean Wonders:
    Magnetic Frag rack; 2 8" Black oxide cutters; 2 6" Black oxide cutters; 1 bag of black frag plugs; 1 bag of blue frag plugs

Polyp Labs:
    Coral view lens; Primer shot; Carbon; Polybooster; 60g Reef-roids; and 4 Premium frag glue

Reef Nutrition:
    1 set of Freshwater products, 1 set of their most popular Reef Nutrition products, and 2 sets of TDO Chroma Boost

Rod's Foods
    : 5 muliti-packs

TNT Corals: ReefGrow Bio-pellets; Aquaforest Poly Glue; Koralin PO4 Minus; Reef Solution Minerals and vitamins; Kordon Ich Attach

Unique Corals
    : $50 Gift certificate

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Thanks to all GIRS members on our 15th year Anniversary

Each member that attends will receive one free ticket for a chance to win the following door prizes. Door prizes will be drawn throughout the event - MUST be PRESENT to win.

2 - GIRS T-shirts: New T-shirt for the fest - check out the cool design

3 - $25 Fest bucks - to be used during the event

2 - $100 Gift certificates to Live Aquaria

6. iowa206

iowa206

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you have to be present to claim a raffle prize

7. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    You do need to be present to win. However we don't ship anything or pay for shipping. Winners would need to arrange to pick up or get things to them etc. We will take down your city/area you live in and a phone number so you can be notified.
    We will then try to leave the prize with the local trustee for you to pick-up.

If prizes are not claimed and picked in 2 weeks, it goes back to the club.

8. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    There is a difference in raffle prizes and door prizes. You purchase raffle tickets to have a chance at winning a raffle prize.

Members will be given 1 free ticket for a special drawing for Members only. For these door prizes, you MUST be present to win.

9. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    ***** I just noticed an error in my reply above. It was suppose to have said: 'You do NOT need to be present to win'. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

10. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Check out the updates to the lists above for a complete list of the raffle prizes and Members only door prizes!

11. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I'll add this to the first post:

PLEASE NOTE!!!

Due to the State of Iowa regulations related to Charitable Gambling (we have a license for these types of raffles), we cannot require anyone to be present to win. There are actually a lot of rules and regulations surrounding raffles, I've spent countless hours making sure that I understand them so that we operate these with full legality. So I'm not making up rules out of the blue, I just have to make sure that the Club follows the rules that the legislators make up.

This means, we will be taking down information (Name, Phone, Email, Address) for everyone who purchases raffle tickets so that we may contact you in case you win and you are not present.

I had to actually ask whether the following was "acceptable" since those stupid rules I refer to are actually extremely vague with respect to the next part!

You must either:

A) Collect your prize at the show
    B) Designate someone to collect your prize on your behalf (a heads up would be appreciated when this is the case!)
    C) Arrange for pickup or delivery of your prize within 1 week of notification (you pay for any expense - the club will not absorb shipping cost, etc)
    D) You may forfeit your prize at any time (even before the drawing I suppose)

RAFFLE TICKET PRICES:

$20 per sheet of 25 tickets

** TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE EVENT! **

Note: Due to the Charitable Gambling regulations which require that all tickets are purchased at equal value, we cannot give a discount multiple sheet purchases. For simplicity's sake, we are not selling partial sheets.

At all GIRS Fests, we sell raffle tickets in "sheet" form that are generally referred to as "Chinese raffle tickets". Each sheet has 25 tickets, plus a ticket stub that you keep (and an additional ticket that we keep when we give it to you).

Each raffle item has it's own ticket box, so you only have to drop in tickets for the items you want to win.

Just in case that isn't clear enough, here is a handy guide to how to raffle like a boss:

Raffle Ticket Info 1.jpg

Also note: since the Members-only drawing is separate from the main raffle, and does not require you to pay extra for a ticket, we don't have to follow the aforementioned rules. You do have to be present to win, and if you aren't there to claim your prize, there will be a re-draw.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2018