1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

quick question on p/c lights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gabzak, Nov 2, 2009.

1. gabzak

gabzak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It is time for me to replace my p/c bulbs, right now I am running 96W Odyssea CF Actinic bulbs (Four 34" bulbs in total). I also run Phoenix MH which are brand new. My question for the gallery is should I remain using Actinic colored bulbs and secondly where is the best place online to purchase them from. I have a mixed tank of SPS,LPS and fish my goal is to get my corals growing at the best rate possible, so if P/C bulbs help in growing corals what kind should I go with or are p/c more just for "mood lighting".. Thanks for the input

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What color temp of MH bulbs did you get? 10K, 15K 20K? Almost in any case you will want to stay with Actinic on the PC's, they will help but considering the depth of your tank not much. It will mostly be for you. BUT, the blue wavelengths do penetrate the furthest, hence why you only see blue the deeper you go on the ocean.

HelloLights or Fosters and Smith seem to usually have the best prices. Fosters has 5.99 shipping now too.

3. gabzak

gabzak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just got back from conferences Tony. Whatchya need, I don't want to call this late.