1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

quick question about powder blue tank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

in my 180g i have a yellow tang, hippo tang, and a powder blue tang.   and there is no signs of stress at all, but the powder blue does laps from one side of the tank to the other constantly.   i have been sitting here for a hour watching just go back and forth.   im starting to get dizzy.   i am just woundering if this is normal or is it stressed or something else might be wrong.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is he new? Did you do anything different lately? Add anything different to the tank?

3. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he is new, bought him from another reefer. he has been in my tank about a week. i have change what i am dosing the tank. i used the two little fish, c balance, and for the past two weeks i have been adding baking soda, for alk, ebsom salt for mag, and pickling lime for cal. the cal-500ppm, alk-13dkh, and mag-1160, so due to new dosing i am them are off. i am doing water changes to correct them, and change dosing. other them that everything else is okay.

4. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it breathing more quickly than normal? Does it look any different? Powder blues are super sensitive to water parameter changes, or parameters that are out of whack, but they're also very vulnerable to ick and other diseases.

5. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Your blue "tank" /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif seems like he is happy to me.

6. Troy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the "tank" isn't breathing quickly, just did laps for about 4 hours this morning, and I got worried. I just thought that was odd. by the way sorry for the spelling, i am not the greatest typer. thanks everybody

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hehe..Me either, I just thought I would give you a little crap. I hope he is alright, but I think he is just happy. I'm surprised your other tangs didn't pick on him the first few days. My yellow tang was a jerk for about a week and then they became friends and followed each other.