1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Questions about closed loop systems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RobynT, Feb 25, 2008.

1. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Tsunami Wave Maker
    Found this video on Oceans motions website. Looks like it's something they're currently working on. Looks pretty impressive so far!

2. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that is way cool, he's been working on that for over a year, I have no idea if he is any closer to getting a production model done though.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will he be making something that we will not have to hand crank for variability? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

4. Coralfreak

Coralfreak Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think that is the tricky part about it, trying to make a valve that can switch quickly enough. 

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ryansholl on 03/01/2008 8:26 AM
    Will he be making something that we will not have to hand crank for variability? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align="absmiddle" border="0">
    Now if you were a truly dedicated reefer you would stand behind your tank and turn that knob back and forth for it!  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/hehe.gif
    I'm sure that's the major obstacle to overcome.  It will def. change things when it comes to closed loops if he gets it figured out.