1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Question/ Idea for JB/ whoever could change it -

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guest, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so, i was wondering if YOU (as in not individuals, but jb) can change the names you get based off of number of posts or whatever (example-  newbie, average, whatever comes after and so on)
    i thought itd be cool if you changed them from like newbie to fish realated terms like idk.. for getting so many posts youre "reef keeper" or like "master of oceans" etc... or even just something simple like "little fish", "big fish", "shark"
    idk, i just thought itd be cool.

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great suggestion Ben!   A like it!

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nobody wants to be called a newbie after all

4. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awsome Idea!

eins

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys. i thought it'd spice things up a bit.

just curious for both of you (assuming you check back) did you think it was a hard to find an icon that would upload? i cant seem to find a good one thats small enough and this computer doesn't have a photo editing program.

6. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well this picture is the one I'm using on RC and BNARC and so I thought I'd be consistant.  I sized it down already and have it stored on my desktop so it wasn't a problem.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It would be much easier if every forum used the same size icon!

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    LOL, this is another thing that was already on my to-do list,  when I setup the new forums I just used really simple stuff in order to get things up and running.
    If we can come up with a list of 6 "reef related" names for the different post levels, I will definitely update them (it only takes a second).   However, I'm not going to tell how many post it takes to reach the different levels....  You guys will just have to find out..
    BETTER YET:
    If you have ideas for the 6 post levels, PM them to me and I will take all of the suggestions and come up with a list of 6.   That way it's a suprise to everyone as the new levels get "achieved".
    Also:   We can add custom emoticons (smiley faces, etc) if we want to.   If you have some favorite emoticons on RC or other forums that aren't on our list, PM them to me and I'll add them to ours.
    -JB

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alright man, very cool. ill try to think of some stuff and PM you.

I encourage everyone to participate! thanks!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TTT - i want other people to suggest some things. you know you want to!