1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

    See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Question about barbed connectors & vinyl tubing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JB, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to get my frag tank up and running and the last thing that I need to do is get it connected to my main system.   I'm trying to order the final parts right now, and I'm a bit confused.
    If I order a 3/4" barbed connector (like this one) what size of vinyl tubing do I need?
    The obvious answer would seem to be 3/4" ID tubing, but I'm not sure if 5/8" would be a better choice.
    Anyone have any experience with this stuff?
  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    +0 / 0 / -0
    The size barb fitting will match the ID of the tube you're using.

    Another no-kink-ever alternative would be using flex pvc with solid fittings. Not being transparent, you also eliminate the opportunity for algae growth within the tube.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.