1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC Tank tour

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by covey, Oct 31, 2007.

1. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was nice seeing everyone today. I think we had a great turnout for the event.  Thanks for letting us into your homes to see your tanks. It is always nice seeing everyones tanks and how they are progressing. It is also nice to see how different the corals look in each others tanks.
    I have a couple pictures, but as Al said we were both busy looking and didn't get many pictures.
    Robyn, thanks for the monti frag.

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all

I really enjoyed the reef talk and the company today.
    This was the first real time I have shown my tank other than to a few people the day of the swap.
    I hope you enjoyed my setup, as I know that I really enjoyed seeing the other tanks. We have some tallented reef keepers here in the QC's that is for sure.

I would like to see more of these types of get togethers as I beleive it builds a better closer knit club.

A great day alll the way around...THANKS EVERYONE!

eins

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 11/18/2007 10:35 PM
    Hi all
    I really enjoyed the reef talk and the company today.
    This was the first real time I have shown my tank other than to a few people the day of the swap.
    I hope you enjoyed my setup, as I know that I really enjoyed seeing the other tanks. We have some tallented reef keepers here in the QC's that is for sure.
    I would like to see more of these types of get togethers as I beleive it builds a better closer knit club.
    A great day alll the way around...THANKS EVERYONE!
    eins
    I must say your setup was very impressive.  I could of just spent all day at your place going through your system.  Your flow was great, the lighting, plumbing, ease of maintenance, and of course your live stock all top notch. 
    I'd have to agree it was a great day [​IMG]

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Al,

If you are looking for some orange cap I can hook you up. I have a ton... That goes for anyone else reading this also.

5. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Robyn the frags settled in nicely
    The Bam-Bam's have opened up now too!
    [​IMG]

6. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh Ya everyone check out the frag rack plus urchin guard. Little buggers

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good, I'm glad that the frag are working out ok for you in that "urchin fortress".

8. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After one of the last auction I had them run off with 2 frags....

They can smell the outside foreign algae and seem to maul frags right off the bat to clean up the frag plugs!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 11/19/2007 7:00 PM
    Al,
    If you are looking for some orange cap I can hook you up. I have a ton... That goes for anyone else reading this also.
    Travis,
    I'd like to get some, I contacted premium aquatics about my new lights and if all goes well I should be ready in about two weeks.

10. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Al,

That should be perfect timing. I should be starting my move about that time.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool, I'll get hot on the project.

12. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Still haven't seen any pics posted of the tank tour! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

13. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 11/21/2007 8:15 PM
    Still haven't seen any pics posted of the tank tour! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>
    We cannot devulge details or photographic evidence of the tour, because "What happens on a tank tour, stay on the tank tour!!!"  [​IMG]

14. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  15. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I got to say after the tour I have had serious skimmer envy.  [​IMG]So I showed my son a neddle wheel after work today and he said he new where to get one.  Off to Hy-Vee we went.[​IMG]  Here is my new custom mod and helper.[​IMG]  I had to valve it back some it was throwing to much out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Think I was kidding look who I caught in the frag racl last night!
    [​IMG]
    If I wasn't there to catch that little bastard it would have been bye bye dendro!

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm glad to see you got their in time.[​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tank tour pics at AE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]