1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC Tank tour

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by covey, Oct 31, 2007.

1. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By covey on 11/16/2007 1:27 AM
    If it fits in the tour sure.It may fit real well if we don't get another tank to tour.
    Come on someone wants us to see their tank.

2. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    True!

3. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do we have a running order for the tour tomorrow?

just currious...

eins

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 11/17/2007 7:23 PM
    Do we have a running order for the tour tomorrow?
    just currious...
    eins
    Old Chicago at 1130, your tank, Aquatic Environments, Covey, (possible drink break), VVolfe

5. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you are coming in to the tour today and look at this please post you are coming so I can give them an idea of how big a table we need for the group today, if not we may be standing there awhile waiting on a table. I am expecting around ten or so people, but am not sure.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there.

7. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I am in.

8. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll be there

9. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i will be there, but late...

10. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope you liked my tank. Kinda simple but it works.
    Covey and Einstiens thanks for having me over your tanks were very impressive.

11. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Had a great time and a big thank you to everyone that opened their homes to us. All 3 tanks were amazing in their own ways and it just goes to show how many different methods we can use to end up with a great display.

12. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone for stopping by and to those that showed.

So Travis.....

you going to get rid of that avatar? :p

13. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just got home and wanted to get on and say how inspiring all three of the tanks were on the tour today. 
    Einstein.....Beautiful setup and lovely colors and choices in your tank.   I was really impressed with your colors if you couldn't tell.    (and I WANT a TANK ROOM!!) 
    Covey.......Your corals have really grown since I was there last.  I gotta say I love all that blue!  Beautiful!
    Ben (VVolfe) You have some really amazing LPS in that tank and I'm sure I didn't see them all.  And......it's not everyday that you get to see a herd of peppermint shrimp!
    For those of you that weren't able to join us, it was fun, I got to know some of you better  and I learned a lot .  I can't wait until the next time!!
    PS  Thanks Ryan and Racheal for bringing my Tubbs to me, I really appreciated it and I always enjoy talking to both of you.

14. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    (Covey. maybe we should use reverse psychology on Travis and that avatar.  It might work)
    Travis........please don't change that avatar, it's growing on me!

15. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I hope someone took pics to post in the photo gallery to share with the rest of us! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 11/18/2007 6:38 PM
    I hope someone took pics to post in the photo gallery to share with the rest of us! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>I took a few and I think that Billy took some as well.  But I don't think we took any pics at the houses we stopped at.  We were to busy admiring the aquariums.

17. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys,
    it was great to hang out- see the tanks.... and raid some fish at AE.    here comes the month long wait in QT.... :/   I should add my goby i am hoping for  now, so i only have to do this process once.....
    If people want to come check mine out some time, just let me know!
    Matt

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was really great seeing all of you today.  Wow great tanks.
    Einstein - beautiful SPS tank and a very nice tank room, thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    Covey - Awsome growth and beautiful SPS, love that big zoo colony and I wish I still had that Monti cap that looks great in aquarium. Let me get a frag when my new tank gets up and running.
    Ben - Very nice LPS dominated tank, nice coloration and very clean and full of surprises.

19. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Robyn I already feed the blastos cyclopeeze.

The Eyes of Ra opened right away.

and the Bam bam's are still grumpy. frick!

20. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By RobynT on 11/18/2007 6:25 PM
    Just got home and wanted to get on and say how inspiring all three of the tanks were on the tour today. 
    Einstein.....Beautiful setup and lovely colors and choices in your tank.   I was really impressed with your colors if you couldn't tell.    (and I WANT a TANK ROOM!!) 
    Covey.......Your corals have really grown since I was there last.  I gotta say I love all that blue!  Beautiful!
    Ben (VVolfe) You have some really amazing LPS in that tank and I'm sure I didn't see them all.  And......it's not everyday that you get to see a herd of peppermint shrimp!
    For those of you that weren't able to join us, it was fun, I got to know some of you better  and I learned a lot .  I can't wait until the next time!!
    PS  Thanks Ryan and Racheal for bringing my Tubbs to me, I really appreciated it and I always enjoy talking to both of you.
    [​IMG] A herd of peppermints is an understatement.  You missed the herd of Emerald crabs [​IMG].  I did the same thing with them.  I think I still have 5 greens and a red mithrax crab.  When I got my tank it was filled with Bubble algea and Aptasia.  I forgot to put the one aptasia in my tank while you where here.  It is truely a site to see an Aptasia covered rock get stripped clean in minutes. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the frags. The milli's polyps opened right up after I put it in.