1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC Tank tour

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by covey, Oct 31, 2007.

1. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm in but my internet has been out all week and for the forseeable future. I should be back in the loop by this wednesday. Buying a laptop/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

Anyway I am in:
    427 Iowa St.
    Davenport IA 52801

2. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man, you guys and gals are killing me... This looks like a great list and an awesome time. Going to be one long and very full tour!!! Anyone know a babysitter that takes phytoplankton instead of cash???? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HMMM I'll ask the wife. How old are your kids? I'm sure she'll probably say no though. lol

4. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A quick idea.

how about we focus the tour to a few tanks- and really get show, tell, Q and A, adn stare time /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif then we have an excuse next month, [or in January if need be] to still get together /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

my tank is hard to show to a large group of people [and weight concerns too!- I have a 75 Gallon + a descent sump system on the upstairs apartment!!]. I am near downtown Moline - but maybe this time pass on my tank showing.. having 10-15 people right next to it is just makes me shiver right now

5. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like very much to "do" the tour. Can't show mine though. Things should rebound now that I have RODI fixed up, but the wife gives me grief for the week if I bring "reef" geeks over.
    Atticus, what are grandparents for if not to spoil grand kids? Hope you can make it.
    TIA,
    kevin

6. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Grandparents are all 3 hours north... I also agree that a limited number of viewings would be beneficial. There is no reason we couldn't make two maps and use one in January. Just hit 3-4 that are close this month. Do the remainder next time.

7. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got more final details on this? My final detail is that I cannot go at all on Saturday... So, HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 11/12/2007 2:26 PM
    Anyone got more final details on this? My final detail is that I cannot go at all on Saturday... So, HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!
    Well that works out good as we are doing this on the 18th, which is of course Sunday. So we will see you there.
    If everyone is ok with it lets meet at Old Chicago in Bettendorf at 1130. If we get a good idea of how many people will be going I will call Old Chicago and get us a large enough table. Keep in mind that this is a local event, so we will be responsible for our meal at Old Chicago.
    Since we have decided to push some of the volunteered tanks off until January or February to allow for a better tour of each tank lets plan on visiting  Covey's, Einstein's, Vvolfe's, and Keith1974's tank this time and catch the others on the next visit. On a visit after that next spring maybe we can put together a trip to come see Robyn's tank and maybe b-b-q at my house to make it worth the trip out. I fully intend to put you all to work in the basement on the fish room if I don't have it done by then.
    If Ben and Vvolfe could pm their address I will go ahead and get a map with directions put together for the tour group. I have room for three or four in my truck, and I can drop you back off at OC after the event. Maybe if we can pile in a couple vehicles and save some gas and hunting for houses.
    Billy

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great Billy!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in, my tanks are definitely not up for prime time at the moment. But in a few months I should be in good shape.

11. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am in...

Might be a tad late though.

12. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also, since we are going to be in Davenport on Sunday afternoon maybe we could make a quick stop as a group in Aquatic Environments. It might do good to show Adam who he is supporting when he works with the GIRS organization.

13. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not a bad idea. The more visible we are the more apt they are to become involved. Hung got excited about the club because he knew about half of us personally. Now we have a good relationship and he offers us a great deal on salt.

BTW, anyone headed by SOM might want to stop in. He had some great looking fish last weekend. I can't believe the difference in his fish from everyone else. I have been trying to get a healthy bangaii for months. Everything around here has internal parasites and dies within a week... His were HUGE and had full bellies, just like every other fish in his tanks. He also has baby black clowns right now, so that is always cool to see.

14. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm looking forward to Sunday and the spring tour. After seeing some of Robyns posts I know she has a lot of the same things that I like.
    Travis, next time I go in search of fish I'm gonna bring you along.

15. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. I have gotten a fairly good eye for healthy fish working with clowns.

16. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FYI
    Adam is not usually at the store on Sundays....

17. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    and there open for like 4 hours at that.

18. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By covey on 11/14/2007 9:31 PM
    and there open for like 4 hours at that.
    Do we not want to drop in?

19. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Keith1974 has dropped out of the tank tour. If someone else would like to show their tank this Sunday please post on here and PM me your address so I can add it to the maps I will have this Sunday at Old Chicago.

Billy

20. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    If it fits in the tour sure.