1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC Tank tour

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by covey, Oct 31, 2007.

1. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Anyone interested I am hoping to get a tour going the weekend of Nov. 17-18th.

If you want to be a stop or just check out everyones tanks. I would be happy to show anyone my system.

2. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a good time. I'll join the tour. If anyone would like they can come see my tank too.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I added a news article on the home page to help promote this event. It links to this forum post.

-JB

4. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to come back down the the QC and this would be a good reason to. If thats alright with the QC gang./site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

5. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I should be in town to stare at everyone's tanks. Mine still is nothing to look at. We could either meet for food before or after the tour, I suggest after.

6. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    First off
    Two mirror threads
    Here and there
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11093935#post11093935

Second no one be shy. Unfortunately none of us are Bob or Allen at this point. Show what you got. The brain storming is one of the best parts of these thing.

You can all come over and tell me how I got burnt tips and calerpia:lol:

7. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Ben's tank would be well worth everyone's trip into Moline. Saw it last week, very nice setup and collection.

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Which day have we decided on? Also if it is on Sunday what time of day are we going to do this tour? Hopefully we can run it just after lunch so we could meet for a bite to eat before taking off for the tour. I would rather us do it a little early as I will be travelling Monday early and will need to get packed that evening before.

9. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could do it either Sat or Sunday. Both days I have to work though and will not be home until 5:30. If we get a day set I might beable to get off early. Otherwise, if you can schedule around my work anyone & everyone is welcome to stop by. I look forward to showing it off and getting pointers on how to make it better.

10. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am open to either day. We could start at noon, eat, check out a couple tanks, and then head to Moline when Ben is done with work. It would keep it early, but we would be screwing Ben out of seeing the rest of the tour if he can't get the time off. Do we have a 3rd or 4th tank to visit?

11. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to order some stuff from Drs Foster and Smith. Does anyone local need to get anything and we could split shipping? I can make the order and bring it to the tank tour.

12. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What day are we going to do this? I can probably get off at 2:30 if I know. BGeenlee when are you going to order? I can always use salt and a few other things.

13. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can order anytime. I was just wanting to make sure that I had heard from everybody first. I will post another thread in here to make sure everyone sees it.

14. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am in for the tour...can make my tank available for the tour if anyone would like to see it.

eins

15. covey

covey

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Unless anyone has any problems I am shooting for Sun the 18th for the tour

16. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I might be out. Wife just informed me she has a continuing ed class that whole weekend. So, guess who gets the kids. Unless I can sucker a grandparent to visit, then it is game on.

17. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It looks like the 18th then for the tour. I'll ask tomorrow if I can get off work early. I'll be able to have people over by 4 I'm guessing. LMK hopefully the tour can eat hit Robyn's then maybe hook up with me around 4. If possible don't make me the last stop I'd like to go see some tanks too.
    I have some Cheato also I need to get rid of if anyone wants some.

18. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be happy to have everyone come out (to Galva) but you realize that it is an hour drive each way. If you want to put me on the tour this day -great, but if you want to make it a separate day then that is ok with me too. Whichever, count me in for seeing your tanks!

19. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So far we are starting at noon with lunch and then heading out for the tour. Can we get a final list of all the tanks so we can put together a map for the route? I think so far we have between the postings here and on RC:
    Covey
    Einsteins
    vvolfe1
    kieth1974
    atram
    matt the fiddler
    If everyone who will show their tank on the tour can send me their addresses I will put them on a map and put together a route.

20. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Address sent....