1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC Meeting Saturday Sept 12.

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by REEFer Madness, Aug 22, 2009.

1. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Suggest where you guys want to get together at.  I was thinking something with food and beer.  Just a social gathering to talk tanks and see what we can do with our area.

2. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There is a very good 95% chance I can come to this one :)

*raises fist at whoever scheduled frag swap*

I am open to almost anyplace- but central would be best. Are we thinking lunch time or dinner time?

3. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't matter what time, I'm thinking maybe around the evening maybe. The last two meetings I have scheduled, no one showed up. The lack of participation being one of the main reasons we have decided to change where fall fest is at this year.

4. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    auctually, as I speak I had an even come up from mid afternoon to 6:30 ish. I vote lunch time

5. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to come and be more active but that is a work day for me. I do intend to sell at this years swap again if I am able.

6. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, Robin! Haven't seen you post in a while. You are busy enough with BNARC as is don't worry about it.

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One can never have too many reefing friends or belong to too many clubs!! I need to pay my dues it seems!

I really would love to get together with some of you guys so I hope that I can attend something in the future. What is the definate date for the swap this fall?

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Robyn

Fall Fest this year will be in Marion (a northern suburb of Cedar Rapids) at the Marion Arts & Environment Center on November 14th. We are still working out the time and will have it posted soon, but it will probably be 11 to 4 or Noon to 5. Due to the economy, we've scaled back a bit and will only have 2 speakers: Randy Reed and someone else (possibly Calfo if we decide we can afford him).

This years event will also be a little less expensive. Admission is only $5 and includes speaker pass. Sellers can buy a spot for only $15 per 1/2 table.

-JB

9. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the lower admission, I think it helps to get people in the door, especially in the current economic climate. I personally did not like the parking situation at the Isle, although the facility was very nice. I will mark the date on the calendar and work on drumming up other sellers within BNARC if I can!! BNARCs event is Oct 10th and I will be posting information on it soon. I think it's really important that clubs help each other as we are all here for the good of the hobby. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. I wish I wasn't so far away!

10. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI Robyn! Nice to see you in here again its been awhile.
    Please post the info in here when you get it set in stone and well see if we can round up a few car loads and come see the BNARC group.

11. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm up for that Rick. I've been unloading stuff on ebay so I'll have some extra cash.

Rick and I were thinking about going last year, but we didn't find out earlier enough since we both just joined this site weeks before the BNARC swap.

12. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great, I'll let you know more details as they happen!

I'm also thinking about going and setting up at the swap in Milwaukee next month. Anybody going?

13. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rick
    I would be interest in going to the BNARC swap with you guys. Well depending on the date, and if I haft to work that weekend.   I think it would be nice to see how other clubs do things.    Plus pick up a few frags

14. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good to me Troy and Andrew, lets just plan on it and pound out the details as it gets closer.

15. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I might be interested in going as well... Depending on my schedule.

-JB

16. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We should totally rent a party bus.

17. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats cool but were going to tie you to the top!!! LOL

18. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You guys get a bus and I'll bring a keg!

19. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How's it going Jeremy.

How many people do you think we can get to go then if we get a bus.

I still have the full QC funds available.

20. Firefish

Firefish Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested in going to this Swap too. Sounds like fun.