1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC December get together?

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Monkey Man Zero, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Monkey Man Zero

Monkey Man Zero Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking we should get together in December for some fun and to plan out what we would like to see in 2009.
    I also thought perhaps for anyone that wanted to participate we could have a "secret frag santa". Bring a frag of your choosing and each person that brought one, takes a different one home? Too much?
    Any interest in a Dec gathering? Suggestions for when and where?

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in if it's a day I can attend. And I like the idea of the secret Santa !!

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds cool I'll be in if on a sat.

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a good idea, but we'll have to think of a date quickly since everyone is jammed pack with the holidays.

Hopefully next year we can get some kind of tank tour. If we can't do a tank tour, since I believe we are more spread out than other areas, we can have some of our monthly meetings at a members house for a BBQ and tank show.

5. Monkey Man Zero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We'll give it a few days for people to see this thread and reply and try to have plans solidified by next weekend.

6. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be interested if on a sat or sun.

7. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How about we'll give it until next Sunday to come up with a sure date?   I'm sure family plans may come up this Thanksgiving and then for those who have younger children there's those Christmas concerts and work Christmas parties all around that time.
    We have the 6th, 13th, and 20th to choose from.
    And a place to have it at also.  Any place but Chuck E Cheese will work for me.

8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm in, We need to get things rolling for next year.

How many members do we have in the QC area? Anyone know?

Who are the board members? 

9. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to Welcome and congratulate Kevin (monkey man zero) and Andrew (Reefer Madness) on being the new Trustees for the QC area.

I am confident they will do a great job!!
    I apologize to everyone in the area for not getting a local event for this fall but I was quite overloaded with the Fall Fest.

Looks like Kevin and Andrew are hitting the ground running...I look forward to seeing their efforts soon!

Bill aka einsteins

10. Monkey Man Zero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It sounds great to me to solidify something by Sunday on this. I hope we can generate some more interest and ideas for our area by then. I have some ideas and am looking forward to pairing with Andrew for the upcoming year, but we will need support.
    Anyone know how we can determine which members are in the QC area easily?
    If we can get a good turnout and interest, I have spoken to a LFS about possibly being involved in local events so we can have some educational meetings and such. It's an exciting start but we'll need numbers to make it worthwhile for everyone involved.

11. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I made a suggestion about mapping out dots over the state where our members are located to show our numbers in the areas.
    I don't know how many members are near us, but it would be nice to be able to tell who is near the QC that aren't on the website much.
    Oh yeah, in Sunday's QC Times I saw another add for the fall fest.  So hopefully people will see the reruns and visit the site.  It was printed much better than when I first saw the ad in the times.

12. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like the C.R./I.C. area will have theirs on the 13th. Is there anyone in our area who would like to attend theirs also?

13. Monkey Man Zero

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK. Since IC/CR is on the 13th, how does Saturday the 20th work for everyone? Time and place TBA.
    This would also be a 2009 planning meeting so if you want more input into how the area develops and events you would like to see, this is a great opportunity.

14. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As you guys are planning this QC get together, keep in mind that we have money set aside for a pizza party for this area. The club will cover the food and soft drinks for the get together, but no alcohol.