1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

QC area.. anybody?

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by matt the fiddler, Nov 21, 2009.

1. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    so, have all the people in the quad cities just vanished?

2. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Matt hows it going! I'm still here. Not quit in the QC but close.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just curious, what makes you think that?

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The last real meeting I had for the QC area I schedueled around your day so you could attend also. Then you didn't even show.

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can we get a roll call! Come on people lets get it together. I would like to see some activity in this area this year but if no one is willing to say HI then whats the point!!! So lets hear from the QC group. Even if its just a few.

6. FishandFire

FishandFire Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI.  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif

7. jsprague

jsprague

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys.  I'm just outside the QC in Blue Grass.

8. Firefish

Firefish Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone. We would be interested in future activities as well, and we look forward to becoming more active in the group. Elizabeth and Jason

9. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    reefer,

I checked in right before the last meeting, and the word was it was canceled- (see last few threads with me asking about it)

sorry if i responded wrongly! I sat at home sad that it was called off...

I am in davenport

10. ransomed4ever

ransomed4ever Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in Sterling, Il

11. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey its good to see some posts in this area. I'm not sure what will happen as far as trustee for the QC, I'm not sure what the BOD has planed yet but I will do my best to see what can be done this year for some good get togethers. Stand by and lets see what happens.
    Thanks Rick

12. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    still here and ready to get a 3rd tank online. will need some stuff...:)

13. Big Country

Big Country Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another "surrounding area" here in Port Byron...

14. Greenonion

Greenonion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im here too........! in moline, btw's just check out your build thread matt, and its looking good. can't wait to see it.

15. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is awesome gang!!!! I want to revive the QC area and this is a good sign, IF I set up a meeting on a Sunday would all that have posted in here be willing to attend?
    Give me some Ideas on what you would like to do!! Maybe do our own little QC Christmas party, with Santa frag swap, give me your Ideas.
    LETS PUT THE QC BACK ON THE MAP!! 
    Thanks everyone for posting! -Rick-

16. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good. Love to do a frag swap or something. How about a secret santa exchange where we bring in a frag taht is covered ansd draw numbers for a gift exchange similar to a white elephant exchange. I have room in Le Claire, or my office in Rock Island. FYI: My time is free from 2-5 on Sunday's.

17. matt the fiddler

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would vote frag swap... I have a somewhat narrow list of stuff that will go in my tank... ha ha....

I want to help get things going to.. Don't know that I can commit to being a trustie at this point in time- and think it is anyone willing to do the work at this point.... but lets try to get ourselves more social.. I love AE, but it would be nice to talk with people other than them :)

Most Sundays 2-5 works for me.

18. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think this is the most activity I've seen in QC area in a long time. That is great, lets get this area going. Rick if you need anything or help planning whatever, just let me know

19. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By nuccatree on 11/23/2009 03:23 PM
    Sounds good. Love to do a frag swap or something. How about a secret Santa exchange where we bring in a frag that is covered and draw numbers for a gift exchange similar to a white elephant exchange. I have room in Le Claire, or my office in Rock Island. FYI: My time is free from 2-5 on Sunday's.
    Heath, I may take you up on the offer for the office in Rock Island. Since I don't have much time to plan this, I'll will keep you posted this week as things progress.
    Thanks Troy, I'm sure I will be getting a hold of you with qestions down the road!!

20. nuccatree

nuccatree

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That would be better anyway. Plus, that is where my better tank is and it is really coming to life with stuff that I have had over the past 7 years. I think just about any Sunday except this Sunday (29th) should work fine. I think one stipulation would be that each person should bring the host a small frag for hosting :)