1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Putting a feeler out: WTB 90 or 75 gallon tank and sell car!

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by adampottebaum, Oct 26, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have a 72 gallon now and am tired of dealing with the canopy and flaws with many other things. Now that I'm more experienced and know what I'd change, I'm going to work on starting over with a new tank and having everything the way I want it.
    I'm ideally looking to buy a 90 gallon, but a 75 would work also. I'll be moving to a cheaper place in the basement of a house closer to campus the last weekend of December. So when I move I'd like to change my setup. I want to buy it before I do so I can have all the work done to it by the time I move so I don't have to move everything twice. This way I can also shop around too! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    I am also selling one of my cars which I never get to drive anymore. I absolutely love the car, but it's way too low to the ground to try to drive around these terrible roads in Cedar Falls, so it sits at my parents place parked in the driveway. I decided to sell the car because a good friend made me a deal on his very nice motorcycle, so I want to get this thing sold so I can get him some money...
    Here it is, it's a 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 with about 115k miles.
    [​IMG]
    The picture makes it look much nicer than it is, haha. The picture was taken when I bought it, about 3 or 4 years ago. I want to get $7,000 out of it(have over $10k stuck into it). Let me know if anyone's interested in it and I'll give you all the details...

2. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So I guess this thread is for three different things! haha.

1. Feeler for 90 or 75 gallon tank(Doesn't need to be drilled, I'll be drilling it plenty!).
    2. Feeler for sellin my car so I can buy a crotch rocket and a nicer tank.
    3. Build thread ideas for a 90/75 gallon tank.

3. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    O yea, one more note: From the look of how the basement I'm moving into is designed, I think I'll be using this tank as a room (bedroom/living room) divider. These two rooms are the only things that will be down there, everything else is upstairs in this place. It would be fine if it wasn't drilled this way. So I could drill everything to one end and set it up peninsula style. I don't want anything hanging on the outside of the tank...

I'll be adding a few ideas about how to drill it soon...

4. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Here's the details of the car:
    · All Wheel Drive
    · 3.0 liter V6 Twin Turbo
    · 6 speed manual transmission
    · Leather seats
    · Sunroof
    · Aftermarket Panasonic CD player
    · 6 aftermarket Infinity Kappa speakers(6x9s, 6.5s, and tweeters) with all new wiring
    · Aftermarket exhaust(Magnaflow)
    · Aftermarket manual boost controller
    · Aftermarket boost gauge in driver’s side a-pillar
    · Aftermarket lowering springs
    · Aftermarket wheels/tires (new tires, barely used)
    · Aftermarket cold air intake
    · Clear corner headlights

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What all do you have in the car? It bluebooks for 3.5k-4.5k

6. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    What? It blue books for $7,270-$6,020. It has a $200 stereo with 6 top of the line Infinity speakers, manual boost controller, boost gauge in the drivers-side a-pillar with additional opening for another gauge, it's been lowered, aftermarket wheels, new tires, aftermarket cold air intake, aftermarket clear corner headlights, and an aftermarket racing clutch(forgot that one in previous post). The only things wrong with it is the a/c doesn't work(needs new compressor or condenser- can't remember which), the rims are a little beat up, the drivers side seat is torn a little bit from sliding in and out, and it could use a new paint job. I forget exactly what happened again, but the previous owner said the hood was keyed or something? It's been a while since he told me, but it doesn't look like key marks, just scratches like from a rake or something.
    Did you make sure when you were looking up the blue book you chose VR4 model, it's the twin turbo, all wheel drive version.
    http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pri...onditions=

7. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    And when I said I have over $10k stuck into it, It's about $12k and I got a hell of a deal from a guy in Massachusetts(flew there to get it).

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Put it in the wheels for you or park it & put a sign on it.

The Bosnians in Wloo will go apeshit for that thing.

I would start out at $8500 & then take $7k

Actaul retial on it without all the other add ons is $8500 & loan is $6300

9. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Haha, yea I actually worked with some of the Bosnians at my old job making wood pallets, they all drove cars like this! The hard part is gettin it up here. It's back home(3.5 hours away) so I have to find one of my friends who live up here making the trip that can drive my day to day car and I can drive this one back. I think it'll be Thanksgiving before I will be home next. I wasn't planning on selling the car until a friend told me he was going to sell his bike. He's got a 2000ish RX-6, custom candy orange paint, new exaust, fuel management software, new tailights, and many other things for a great price(friend discount!). Wish I woulda known he wanted to sell it before it got this close to winter....
    Thanks for the tip Craig!

10. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fun car! Last time I saw a realy nice one I was doin about 155 across the DSM river bridge on I235 ! He was kinda dumbfounded when he got passed by the bigbody 4 door! Either way it was a blast and they are a fun car! My Uncle has one in Colorado! He is a MD and drives it like he stole it! Hes just to cheap to buy new rubber and has ground the wheels into the pavement rounding the mt. curves! A true white knuckled ride!LOL

11. adampottebaum

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea I've put plenty of cars to shame, but haven't topped it out yet. Last summer a friend of mine tried to pass me leaving town so I floored it and got up to 100 shifting into 4th gear before I let up. It's a 6 speed, so I wasn't going to find out just how fast it can go, but I know stock it can go 165. Other than that I try to "beat on" it as little as I can, but it's hard when it's so fast and sounds so awesome!

12. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Didn't see the VR4 model as a choice, so no I didn't check that. My apologies.

13. billbigsbe Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Damn Sweeds and Germans limited my benz @ 155mph, thats how I know how fast I was going. That sudden chug at 150+ makes you think the world is comming to an end! LOL

14. clay

clay Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't have a 75gal but I really am tring to get rid of my 58gal oceanic tank and stand. Really nice setup. Up and running now with fish and live rock in it. Comes with 3 lights and a protein skimmer. 1light is a coralife 36in with two PCs and a MH and two leds. The second is ! Coralife 36in with two PCS and two leds. It's not a 75gal but I'm not looking to get rich I have to get rid of it before my wife will let me get a motorcycle. My email is claysmith47@gmail.com