1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Prices increase on salt from Dr Fosters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slovan, Nov 28, 2008.

1. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone noticed the price increase on salt from Dr. Fosters?  I was getting ready to order more salt today and found that all the popular salts have gone up in price.  One thing I noted is that Reef Crystals is now the same price as Sea Chem Reef salt, 160 gallon mix for $46.99. 
    Anyway regardless of which brand of salt you use, I found a $10 coupon that is good through 2009 for orders over $100.  The coupon code is 3658576.  I used it today, it works! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif
    There is a $5 coupon code for orders through 12/1/08 and I don't think there is a minimum amount on it but it is going to expire in a few days.  Here is the coupon code. 3658589

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just order a couple of weeks ago and it was not that price, it must have just gone up.

Well I guess since gas is cheap we have to pay more for something

3. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the coupon code Sone - I need to order some more salt soon!

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is a rather big price increase all at once - bigals went up as well. Bummer!

5. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    petsolutions is still around 30 bucks for a bucket

6. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I get all of my salt from petsolutions. $30 a bucket with $9 shipping.

7. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try this link next time, save an additional $5 to $10 dollars. I haven't tried it yet but probably will this week. I entered the code just now and it showed it worked/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

8. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i jsut went to petsolutions and rc is 40.99 on sale from 42.99

9. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's crappy it jumped up so high! Hopefully foster and smith will still run some good sales on it later on.

I'm glad I ordered a couple extra buckets last time!

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Almost makes me consider not upgrading tanks, i already use over half a bucket a month, that along with all the electricity im using to run the tank really makes it an expensive hobby.
    I wonder what the reason is for such a huge price jump, i mean i can see it going up a couple dollars here and there but 10 bucks all at once really blows.

11. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Price increases is never fun to pass along but is necessary to keep the business profitable. I think salt prices have been steady for the past 5 years I have been in the hobby. Over that time, everything else from fuel, plastics, materials to make salt and wages have gone up significantly. And no, I don't work for any salt companies! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

12. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm really suprised at everyone. Did no one else read in their last 24 monthly flyers how it was just on sale?