1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Pre-filter box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slurpeshark, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Slurpeshark

Slurpeshark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I got a remora pre filter box for my skimmer which is supposed to help with the film on the top of the water but i cant seem to get it to work... it just sinks a little bit from the top and the water doesnt fall in... its only use so far ive found is that it hides the pump... any advice on how to get this thing to work right... im using a maxijet 1200 for the pump?

2. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think Rustin14 had/has one maybe he will chime in on this post... if not PM him. I have the same skimmer but no prefilter box I have heard mixed reviews on the prefilter most not so good.

3. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought a prefilter box for remora pro used it for a week now it collects dust in my closet. It was to big for me and the mounting for it was pretty weak. Soooo good luck with that! Sorry im not much of a help, it just made me mad! Maybe someone else had better luck with it.

4. Slurpeshark

Slurpeshark Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the advice... anyone else use this with any luck or have any advice before i scrap it and sell it on ebay or something?

5. -=kevin=-

-=kevin=- Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My first skimmer was a remora pro w/mag 3 pump. The pre-filter box had 3 plastic screws in it, to tighten against the pump. I thought it worked okay. I had to adjust the level of the pre-filterto match tank water level once in a while. and it got rid of the micro bubbles /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif
    hth,
    kevin