1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Posts not appearing

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by Guest, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have posted on a couple different threads and after I post it takes me back to the main page and I think nothing of it. I go back after several hours/ a day to see if there have been replys, and my post hasn't even shown up. Any ideas?

2. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good thing this one of yours posted.
    I had the same problem with log in for a bit. I would hit the log in button and it would refresh the main page.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Were you using the "Quick Reply"? If so, that might be the problem.

I would disable that feature if I could. There is a bug where (sometimes) it does not save the message when you use quick reply. I've been round and round with the software author over this bug and unfortunately he's not willing to admit it's a problem with the software (he blames it on posting). There is a new version of the software coming out soon that hopefully fixes the issue.

-JB

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 06/09/2009 09:29 AM
    Were you using the "Quick Reply"? If so, that might be the problem.
    I would disable that feature if I could. There is a bug where (sometimes) it does not save the message when you use quick reply. I've been round and round with the software author over this bug and unfortunately he's not willing to admit it's a problem with the software (he blames it on posting). There is a new version of the software coming out soon that hopefully fixes the issue.
    -JB
    Indeed, each time I was using the quick reply option. I guess I will opt to not use that function, atleast until the new software has come out.
    Thanks for the quick responses!

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use quick reply extensively and I have never seen this happen. I believe you guys that it happens, just never seen it happen to me. What browser are you using? I'm using FF 3.0.6 Portable.

--AJ

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It happens more if you let the page sit for a while before you submit your reply. If you do it quickly, it tends to happen less.

-JB

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If this worked then quick reply worked.

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I use the quick reply form, I always "Control-C" copy the text before I submit the post. That way if post gets lost I can just paste it into the form and submit again. The safest way is to just use the "Add Reply" button.

I just had another go around with the author about this problem with the same result... /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

-JB

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ctrl C is exactly what I have been doing now!

Thanks JB and good luck with the author...

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll keep a closer eye on things. I don't think it's ever happened, but maybe it has and I just dismissed it as a fluke. I'll let you know.

--AJ

11. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jmadison, Did you get my PM?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    B- Rad
    Just got back on, and yes I did get it!