1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Post Spring Fest Pool Party!!!

Discussion in '2010' started by rockinsmall, Mar 21, 2010.

1. rockinsmall

rockinsmall Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So, I am traveling up for Spring Fest and also intend to go to Lazerfest the following day. I am going to be getting a room at Adventureland Inn Hotel. They have a nice hot tub and a big pool with a swim up to bar! I know a couple others said they'd be up for it, curious who else may come? You can get a room for around $130-$150 or just get a wrist band for $10. They also have a nice ordinary bar too. So, anyone else thinks this may sound like fun?
    Oh yea, and don't worry about your swimsuit bod... nobody cares...  the more the merrier!!!!

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like a fun time!!!

--AJ

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i personally dont worry about a swimsuit in general /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif haha j/k me and the wife were talking about swimsuits the other day, she's affraid to put one on being pregnant haha i'll talk to her about it though. i'm always up for a drink

4. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We might stay at the same hotel, but we have 2 little ones, so we probably won't be doing the swim up bar, lol or maybe we should; might make trip a little easier /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Actually my wife just politely informed me it was my sons 10th birthday that way so that might be my way to make peace.

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    the remada hotel on meral hay has an awsome indore water park also

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah we stayed at adventurland hotel a few yrs back, IMO it seemd pretty over priced and dirty.

8. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Will they adjust the salinity of the pool to keep our frags from the fest?

9. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ninjzx, do they also have a swim up to bar? As far as cleanliness, I lived in an male dormitory at isu for a semester, can't be worse than that!

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We have stayed there a couple of times. It was decent both times we went. Carpet is a little old, but it was clean.

11. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps if enough people stay at this hotel we can find a way to house our frags for the night.

12. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    had a bar in the pool area but not a swim up has two big slides, a pirate ship lagoon with lots of slides and water sprayers for kids, a hot tub, and a water volyball net. rooms are nice the hotel was completly remoleld it has only been opend for a few months

13. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... will have to look inot that for sure! do u have an address for this one... i do dig pirate ships =)

14. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I looked it up and it is lovely, but i am not sure u can have alcohol in the pool area, let alone INSIDE the pool or hot tub. I gotta say, I'm partial to sittin back with a Bud in a hot tub....
    Also, Adventureland hotel has several pools, one is for adults and one is for children. I like the seperation.

15. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So anyone else planning on this? I plan on going.

--AJ

16. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like fun, wonder if they do any group rates?

17. rockinsmall

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dunno, perhaps. Let me know if u find out!

18. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so i take it you are not going to lazerfest then on sunday???? I figured you would hop all over that bus /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

19. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You going to Lazerfest snowman?? I am.

--AJ

20. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah pretty sure we are. we took the day off work that monday to recuperate. I think we are going to wait on getting tickets though till we see what the weathers going to be like. having a 7 month pregnant women out there with 100+ degree's might not be the best thing haha.