1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Possibly back in the game

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by Newbeme, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, we just inherited a complete Oceanic 14 gallon Biocube. Tank, stand, skimmer, everything to have a complete set up including the rock. Our neighbor down the street tried to run salt and got frustrated, then tried to sell it, and now it is here./DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif My wife suggested going fresh water, but I'm thinking with all the gear there to go salt water with a puffer for my wife, maybe a dwarf lion.
    Any opinions?

2. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My opinion is, nice to have you back.

3. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IMO a 14g is going to be too small for either of those fish.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    a 14 gallon is going to house like fire fish your clowns more of your smaller fish a puffer will get way to big for that tank so will a dwarf lion fish if you did one or the other u cant have small fish in  with them or  they are as good as dinner in that small of a tank no where to hide just my 2 cents [​IMG]

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good to have you back!!

6. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After reading a little more on these small tanks I'd have to agree about the fish I mentioned. I'm on a big learning curve with theses little tanks. If we did one or the other there would be no little fish and it would be live rock and fish only, but I'm still researching to see what works best. We'll see and since I'm in no real hurry I have time to figure these little tanks out. Keep the opinions coming.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i have coral frags u can have for free for your 14 gallon

8. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the offer, but I need to get it set up and cycled. Right now everything is sitting in our dinning looking like it just came out of the box. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking of doing a nice pipe fish tank with colorful macro algeas