1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Posiedon II skimmer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KDaullary, Dec 18, 2007.

1. KDaullary

KDaullary Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So Im updating some of my equipment and I am looking at the Posiedon skimmers. They look pretty beefy and solid, I have read some reviews on a web site when I googled these skimmers but the review was from like 05' or 06'. the reviews were positive but i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this brand. Check them out at http://www.nautilusreef.com/

2. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i tried finding info on these skimmers also and thought about buying one.
    my main concern was the lack of info on them and that they were venturi type skimmer. i see its a needlewheel also.
    i hate to say this but the reason i didnt buy it was its low cost, if this skimmer was any good at its cost, there would be tons of info out there about it.
    i might be wrong, but i would stear clear of it.
    if you want to stay in the 200 dollar range and get a really good skimmer, go with an octopus skimmer, 205 shipped to this region. and youll get it the next day.
    buy it from aquacave and tell them you want the price match they gave seanndenise1 on reefcentral
    its a good skimmer right out of the box, you would have to look hard to find a bad revue about this skimmer.
    heres a link to the skimmer, make sure you have enough room for it in your sump.
    http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=496#
    there are other models available, just make sure you have room for these skimmers.
    just my opinion.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 12/18/2007 2:33 PM
    i tried finding info on these skimmers also and thought about buying one.
    my main concern was the lack of info on them and that they were venturi type skimmer. i see its a needlewheel also.
    i hate to say this but the reason i didnt buy it was its low cost, if this skimmer was any good at its cost, there would be tons of info out there about it.
    i might be wrong, but i would stear clear of it.
    if you want to stay in the 200 dollar range and get a really good skimmer, go with an octopus skimmer, 205 shipped to this region. and youll get it the next day.
    buy it from aquacave and tell them you want the price match they gave seanndenise1 on reefcentral
    its a good skimmer right out of the box, you would have to look hard to find a bad revue about this skimmer.
    heres a link to the skimmer, make sure you have enough room for it in your sump.
    http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=496#
    there are other models available, just make sure you have room for these skimmers.
    just my opinion.
    Ill second that, IMO the Octo NW-200 is the best skimmer you can buy in the $200 price range.