1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Poor sevrice from UPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shaun, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had it with the ups. I am now waiting for a package from Florida that was supose to take three to four days. Not it has been a week and nothing. They cant even tell me where the package is. They have killed fish, delivered to the wrong adress and now lost my stuff. I have had it!! what can I do? Well it is simple. Big biz has been telling everyone what they have to do but what if we just stop using them? Well then they would have to agree that the customer is right. This is total ^%#$@#^ !!! With as much as it costs to ship stuff anymore you would think that we deserve decent service. And the UPS is NOT giving any good service. They take your money and loose your stuff. Now it is time for them to loose stuff, the money that they steal from us with the perona of doing us a service, but we have to suply our own vasoline!! Shaun

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Man you are pissed what was it you ordered?

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's too bad......does the place you ordered from have an arrive alive guarantee?

4. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that is good about this is that it is nothing alive. I was getting some lighting parts, replacement parts for my return pump and some misc. I know that the little pump will hold out it is just slow. I also will be picking up my anemone next weekend so if I do not have the light parts that I need then I will have to buy some more from a LFS around here so that I can make sure that the nem has enough light. I ordered this stuff thinking I had plenty of time to repair my return pump and upgrade my lights before getting the nem but it not looking like that is the case. If it is not here by thursday then I will just buy a new light around here. that will give me a week or so with it. Just kinda bites the way UPS is handling this. Shaun

5. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do want to point something out ,before someone else does. I should not have planned on getting the nem before I had the lighting upgrades done and working. The only reason I did was because it was to good a deal on the nem to pass up. I also though the delivery service would be better than this. I knew better and I admit I made a mistake so please do not whip me with calupra, LOL. I am just very disapointed in the service from UPS and the fact that I paid almost as much in shipping as I did for the stuff also bothers me. Top that with them saying "We are not sure where that package is, we show it being loaded on the truck the morning of the 16th but it has not been scanned again" is like asking some one laying in a puddle of there own blood if they are Ok. Shaun

6. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    If you need to to avoid the cost of a light you don't need and the insane cost of a fixture from a lps you can bring the nems to my house and put them in my display for a few days tell your parts get in. What kind of nems are you geting? I think your current light setup is good enough for a while.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had them "loose" a package of mine recently. It showed as delivered on their site, but never was. After the vendor that shipped the package inquired about it, it magically showed up at my door. I suspect that it was still on the truck.

--AJ

8. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    getting a GBTA

9. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had some boots shipped to me on 2-day service and it took 10 days. When i asked if I could get a refund they basically said "no, too bad for you"

10. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    UPS is horrible. Most sellers on ebay who deal with live stuff like corals, will not use UPS.