1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Poll for June IC tank tour dates?

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, May 19, 2009.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey all,
    Again I apologize, still very tied up with an assortment of things.
    I am going to try to plan 2 things for the CR/IC GIRs area for June.
    1) the IC tank tour that was put off for last month, this is my priority right now as it has been canceled once already.
    2) A Frozen Reef food DIY activity, I am planning on making this one of the GIRs sponsored activities so the club would buy the ingredients, and all participants would take some home.
    For right now, lets get the date for the IC tour sorted out, then I will post for a second date poll for the DIY food activity, as this one could be done on a week night somewhere.
    Again a Tank tour is a 4 - 5 hour event so it really can only be done successfully on a weekend.  Probable time would be for say 12:30 - 5:00 or something like that (so the time will not be include in on the vote).
    This is going to be a box style vote.  So please check off your first 3 preference dates then select vote.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cool, I need some more frozen food and was going to get some Rod's, but maybe now I won't have to :)

3. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope that we don't do the DIY frozen food on a week night, since I wouldn't be about to attend.

4. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By taavis on 05/19/2009 11:16 PM
    I hope that we don't do the DIY frozen food on a week night, since I wouldn't be about to attend.
    I will ask for the user communities input before we pick a date.
    Its just that most of the events happen on a weekend due to time requirements for a lot of given projects.
    This is one that could be done, I am trying to make sure that everyone gets fair representation and that we have some events other then just meet and greats during the weekdays, so that all can get full use of their memberships.
    However, as I said I will look for information (poll most likely) from the community before committing us to any dates or times.
    PS: I am a dumb a$$ please do not vote for the date of June 20th as that is the date of Steph and Nicks nuptuals, so the fist first horsemen of the apocolypse shall ride that night!