1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Poll and not for presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madjabjoe, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Madjabjoe

Madjabjoe Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Which one has better waterflow, design, support holders etc.?

2. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I've got a couple nano stream 6045's I might be getting rid of fairly soon if your in the market, less than 6 mos old with the new replacement clips that are stronger than the original ones that broke. $80 a peice

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I'd go with the tunze's. That's what I'm planning on going with when I setup a new tank.

How come you're getting rid of your 6045's Jason? Going with something bigger and better I presume? /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

4. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Something like that.....it's a secret

5. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can 6045 be driven by an aquasurf?

eins

6. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    no, just the 6055's can be driven by the aquasurf

7. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By glaspie69 on 01/02/2008 7:14 PM
    Something like that.....it's a secret
    AHH, come on you can tell me I won't say anything!  /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/whistling.gif

8. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    The only thing I'll say is that getting rid of the 6045's has something to do with my tank "makeover" .....can't say anything else

9. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Depending on the size of the tank and how many powerheads you want in it, one might work out better than the other. I have never owned the Koralia pumps so I cannot offer anything on it. However, I have owned quite a few of the Tunze pumps and I only had positive things to say about them. They have been quiet, energy efficient and performs without issue.

I think RobynT likes her Koralia better so maybe she can chime in.

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know that there are a lot of Tunze fans out there, and I have only owned one......the 6045.  I have to say that I liked the flow and the flow pattern of the Koralia #4's so much better than my Tunze 6045, no contest.  However, the Tunze is smaller and more compact and has a much better reputation as a product line and great customer service it appears.  The people that own the Koralia's love them and I think the same is true for those that own the Tunze nano's.  If I had to buy one or the other tomorrow, it would be a Koralia.  JMO

11. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a couple HK #4's i bought them used, the guy i bought them from said they were only 3 months old. I had them running in my tank for about 2 weeks and one died. I contacted Hydor about it and they replaced it free of charge. It took about a week but i was pretty surprised they replaced it like that. Personally i have never owned a Tunze, someday i might but i just cannot justify the cost of them. I say go with the HK's and use the extra cash on frags.

12. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 01/02/2008 10:50 PM
    I have a couple HK #4's i bought them used, the guy i bought them from said they were only 3 months old. I had them running in my tank for about 2 weeks and one died. I contacted Hydor about it and they replaced it free of charge. It took about a week but i was pretty surprised they replaced it like that. Personally i have never owned a Tunze, someday i might but i just cannot justify the cost of them. I say go with the HK's and use the extra cash on frags.
    You know I never thought of contacting Hydor but I may give it a try.  I robbed the magnet off of one of them for my MJ mod bracket(worked wonderfully!) but I have the second one still.  It's worth a try!

13. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like hydors i have 3 4s and they do move some water.

never owned the others so i cant comment.