1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Please Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisReyes, Sep 18, 2009.

1. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Was wondering if this will be a over kill or not enought light so was wondering if could get your guys thoughts and hopefully this is not a dumb question. Thinking about going with 2 150W Metal Halide Pendant Fixture Light reflector HQI with 150 W 20000K HQI DE Metal Halide Aquarium Bulb Lamp 20K lamps one on each side of this fixture 1x 250W 15000K double ended MH bulb 2x 96W straight pins Actinic 460nm bulbs 8x Lunar LED bulbs.
    Please let me know what you guys think hopefully this does not sound stupid just remember I am newer to the salt stuff as did fresh alot on past
    Thanks

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    IS this going a on a 10 gallon? If so, I think it's overkill....

I know your new but you gotta at least try and give more details....

3. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry forgot to include that going on a 90 gallon...

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I wouldnt say it is overkill. As long as your water conditions are good you will be able to grow anything.

The only thing is you may have to acclimate your livestock to the light as you introduce it.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If it were me assuming you have a 4' tank, just get a 4' fixture or build a canopy and build your own lighting system using retro parts. If you are going to just use a hanging type all in one fixture your probably are going to want to go with a Outer Orbit which is just 2 x150 mh 's with some pc's, or dish out the big bucks for a Giesemann 250 watt unit, if i remember right they run about a grand. With that in mind you could probably build a canopy with 2 250w MH's and some T5's for half that.

6. LuisReyes

LuisReyes Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was the problem that I ran into when I built my canopy the supports came in to far and is on 45 or 44 inches so thought if I got this 36 inch fixture with the power compact on outside and one halide in middle of that fixture then through a MH pendant on each side would relatively be about the same... Am I thinking right or? Hope I am making sense just trying to go a alternate route since canopy on inside is not appropriate demensions etc. And yes a 4 foot tank