1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Playstation 3 40gb LIKE NEW

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Waverz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    PS3 40gb System Like new, comes with all original packaging and
    manuals, composite cables, HDMI cable, power cord, and (1)wireless
    controller. Bought in early 09' Only played a few times comes
    pre-loaded with a few games and lots of demos. $250 OBO
    Me and the wife decided we want to try the Wii Fit, so this things gotta go.

2. mralanjones

mralanjones Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    is it blue-ray and can you play playstation 2 games

3. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    all playstation 3's are blue ray and yep PS2 games work just fine on them, you can even download the old PS1 games too. its a great system. good luck :)

4. Gered

Gered Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Actually the 40GB will not play PS2 games but will play PS1 games. Good luck with the sale PS3 is the way to go over that other console that I will leave unnamed.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jeremy,

Just a word of warning. Wii Fit is pretty cool, but "Wii Fit Plus" is coming out soon and it adds a lot of new stuff and fixes some stuff that makes Wii Fit really annoying to use. So if you haven't already made the new purchase, you might want to hold off a bit longer.

-JB

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow, thanks for the heads up JB, I'm gonna have to look into that. I thought I had the PS3 sold on craigslist but I think it was a scammer. Bad english in the email, wanted it shipped to a "friend", said he paid to my paypal account and didn't, wanted me to ship "right away"

What a lame scam, I don;t see how anyone would fall for that one but I guess it could happen.

7. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha...nice.  If I got an e-mail like that, I would make up a tracking number and send it back to him...telling him that it's been shipped.  LOL.
    --AJ

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I thought about that, who knows maybe the money will magically appear today. I have had a few other offers, one of which was a complete low ball offer, i don't know what is worse, lowball offers just piss me off, where as this scam attempt was actually amusing.

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From what I can find on the Internet, it looks like Wii Fit Plus is being targeted for the 2009 holiday season, so still about 5-6 months out.
    [​IMG]

--AJ

10. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Waverz on 06/10/2009 07:33 AM
    I thought about that, who knows maybe the money will magically appear today. I have had a few other offers, one of which was a complete low ball offer, i don't know what is worse, lowball offers just piss me off, where as this scam attempt was actually amusing.
    Hey Jeremy, give you $10 bucks for you tank, livestock, and all the trimmings! [​IMG]

11. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well the good news is that you'll be able to buy the Wii Fit Plus software without having to buy another balance board.

Another option is to just get "Active" from Electronic Arts. It's been getting pretty good reviews. It's missing some of the cool features of we fit (like progress tracking) but it allows you do do things like setup pre-defined workouts. My main problem with Wii Fit is that it takes FOREVER to get from one exercise to the next. Sounds like Wii Fit Plus and Active both solve that.

-JB

12. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are a few other games like a "Gold's Gym" and a couple others. I've heard the one with the fitness coach from the TV show The Biggest Loser is just bad. Also, if you get a Wii and put a mod chip in it, PM me and I can hook you up.

--AJ

13. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Def will be modding the Wii when i get it. Hmm maybe i should be selling my original xbox and the 150 games I have for it instead of the PS3.

14. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    What the heck is mod chip?

We have the wii & wii fit & it seems awesome. I havent played it since winter but the wife & kids use it alot.

15. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mos chips allow you to play pirated games /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

16. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i wouldn't get rid of your ps3,they seem to be finally releasing some good games this year,i can't wait for god of war 3

17. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The older Wii's mod easier than the newer ones. PM me and I can give you more info on identifying your Wii and where you can get chips. I would prefer to keep as much off the forums as possible due to it's "gray area" nature.

--AJ

18. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wolfman, I haven't played games since I was a teenager, I only bought the PS3 cause it was a good deal and thought I would actually rent or buy some Blu Rays, i never did. I played Wipeout HD and Jeopardy on it, thats about it.

19. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So this guy who says he paid with paypal gave an address to ship to, I think I am going to send him a gift.
    I shipping dirty diapers illegal?

:)

20. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You should check out project natal for 360 I would beg to differ about which system is better. I currently own both systems so it isnt a biast opinion.