1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Planning for GIRS Fall Fest 2009 has begun!

Discussion in '2009' started by JB, Jun 24, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The GIRS board of directors has officially started planning for Fall Fest 2009.   Any of you who attended last years event knows that this is a big, fun event.
    It's a lot of work to pull something off like this, so we are always looking for people to help out.   Things are being made more difficult this year by the fact that we do not have a board member who actually lives in the QC area, so we could definitely use some feet on the ground in Davenport.
    If you're interested in helping out with Fall Fest this year (including planning, organization and at the event) please contact a member of the board.  
    Please note that volunteering to help is somewhat of a commitment.  Please don't volunteer unless you have the time and energy required.  It only makes it harder on everyone if someone volunteers and then doesn't follow through.
    Thanks all!

2. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Becky and I live in the quad cities, so if errands need to be run in preparation or what not we can help out with them. We plan on attending the fall fest, but will probably be too busy carrying corals out to the truck to help during the actual event :)

3. Shaun

Shaun Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I work a weird schedule but am willing to help out any way that I can. just let me know what you want me to do, Shaun

4. Elazar

Elazar Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hello. I am from Davenport and would be interested in volunteering at the Fall Fest. Just call me at 563-324-0737 or 563-499-7288. Thanks!!

5. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    Still thinking of doing this? It's getting pretty close and I have not seen any chatter about it.

6. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, right now we are still planning on having this event on November 14th.  There are some hurdles that the club board is discussing (like the lack of involvement in the QC area).   If we decide to change the plans, it will be very soon and we will let everyone know, but for now yes, the plan is to have the event.

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd also point out that one of the biggest hurdles to having an event like Fall Fest is manpower. The club board is made up entirely of volunteers that commit what free time they can to running the club, and sometimes that's not enough for normal club stuff much less a big event like this.

So... If there are club members out there that want to see this event happen and are really willing to commit to helping, PLEASE send a PM to a member of the BOD letting us know what amount of time you'd be willing to commit. Having some feet on the ground in the QC area would be a big step in the right direction, but we could use help from people no matter where they are located. Again, please send one of us (me or glaspie69) a private message rather than replying here.

Thanks

-JB

8. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Becky and I are in the Quad-Cities, if you need us to run some errands or some such we certainly could. I don't know who's on the board and who's not so I'll just post this here and let you guys contact me if you need anything done.