1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Phyto Feast

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really need to find a LFS somewhat close to Des Moines that carries a fairly complete line of products.  Any suggestions?  Really want to get Phyto feast live.  Thanks!!!

2. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Adams Aquatics

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can order that stuff directly from the manufacturer too. $9.10 for a 6oz bottle.
    http://www.reed-store.com/?category=47

4. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it's for sure much cheaper that way too. If ur looking for local LFS that u can get right away and don't mind paying a bit extra, when I was in Adams the other day the Phyto Feast rep was in there setting up a display and stocking them with about 10 diff products. I bought small bottles of oyster eggs and plankton just to have right away but will order onlyne on the future as it's half the price.

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Adams does have the best selection of fish food in des moines. I bought some Rods Food and PE Mysis from him the other day.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will check Adams out then. I was going to order on line but they want a lot more for sending it out then they do for the product. Not sure what the store was charging you but you should check shipping charges before deciding thats the way to go. Thanks for the input. Karen

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, you haven't seen the prices in the LFS store yet Karen;-) Even with shipping, it's cheaper as I recall. And pretty much guaranteed to be at least as fresh or more fresh IME. However, Adam's does have a good selection of that and other food stuffs too. There's something to be said for getting it locally and all in one place.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We may be speaking about two different things also. The regular phyto-feast is about $9.00 and can be shipped regular priority mail I beleive. The phyto-feast live is about $18.00 and has too be 2 day fed-exed. I will call Adams tomorrow though to see if they have what I am looking for.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, just give em a call so you know before going there. I'm not sure where you're getting your pricing. The live is $14 for 6oz online from reed-store.com. Shipping is expensive for any of it. The total shipped price for 1 6oz bottle of phytofeast live is $27.58. If you get more, the price for shipping doesn't necessarily increase. So If you get 2 6oz bottles, the per bottle price becomes about $21. This is for the "monday" shipment.