1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

pets play house

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i drove to see pets playhouse to day WOW nice nice place clean clean lots of tanks and fish the 22.00 frags looked like whole coral thair prices wher great ill be back A++++++++++

2. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you get someone to wait on you? the last couple of times i went down there i would have bought something but the customer sevice sucks,plus they really need to rid there tanks of there pests(aiptasia)

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it can be tough to get some help from time to time, but that's usually because they are busy...and we want our LFS's to stay busy so they stay around. I've not had an issue getting someone to help me if you ask for some assistance. As for the aiptasia (and bubble algae, and hair algae, etc), they should get rid of it...but with the amount of inventory they go through, I can see why it's tough, and to their credit, things have been getting better. I applaud them on their improvements and growth in their saltwater department.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they run a perfect operation or anything, but I have seen improvements and I hope that they continue to invest time and energy into improving these areas further to make them even better.  Everyone likes to buy fish and corals from tanks that look like they are well maintained.

--AJ

4. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I go in there to much.  They know my to well, and I talk to Nick alot and hear the complaints he has about not having enough time to do what he wants in the saltwater areana.  He is the only one that really is in there doing anything good for that area.  Really the only one that works in the saltwater side of the store.  The boss tells him to work both side of the store, so he has less time to be in the salt

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Worth making a drive from Ames? I am wanting to stock a 10g and the closest/only thing around here is Adam's and have not been terribly impressed with prices, although I have only been once. At the moment all I have is a nicolor blenny, some brittle stars, worms, cerith/turbos and some blueleg hermits :)

6. Reefdumb

Reefdumb Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For the 1 1/2 hour drive I think it is worth it. They are doing alot of changing to the coral tanks.

7. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to tell'em "Large Marge" sent ya!

8. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked there stuff when I lived in the area. Once you get to know the guys working there you appreciate it more. If you're making the drive from Ames make sure you go to North Liberty to see Hung at Sea of Marvels. He has a nice operation.

9. One thing about Pet's playhouse, is that most of the employees don't do jack. *most* that is.

10. jmurray853

jmurray853 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    meh, ill take the fact that I have to ask someone to get stuff out of the tank sometimes for the lower prices they have.

11. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *Gulp*

12. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By CyberJester on 03/27/2009 08:13 AM
    Don't forget to tell'em "Large Marge" sent ya!
    *Gulp*