1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Petland West Des Moines

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by DragonGT83, Apr 28, 2009.

1. DragonGT83

DragonGT83 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    has anybody been here yet?, I just checked the place out. they had a decent selection for what they have and their prices are awesome. they got a 300 gallon reef/fish tank and are selling the corals out of it. saw a nice clown trigger too. their liverock seems pretty good too.

2. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep i've been out there. Prices are way good! 18$ rics all day and they were selling ellegance corals for 20$. Everything is cheap! They even have GIRS business cards on their display tank. Two thumbs up for that.

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, they are building a formidable presence. The aquatics manager Brett is doing a great job. They have also signed up to be a sponsor of the club so they should be posting information soon.

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are suppose to have a large coral shipment this week.... They do have good prices!

5. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was pleasantly pleased with then. I got a nice size rock of green button polyps for 35bucks i was happy. looks like a good start. Bretts a good guy to deal with too

6. DragonGT83

DragonGT83 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya brett was there when i went in, hes a very cool guy, he left and Ron came in, the other guy that works aquatics, he said it was just mainly them 2 back there in that dept. Ron seemed to know his stuff too and helped me out some. they said they just started with the SW setups a few months back and they seem to be doing great

7. fishyness

fishyness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Where is Adams that you guys talk about? When we went to the frag meet I tried to put it in the Garmin and nothing came up. We would drive to DM for 2 good stores!

8. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Adams Aquatics is on 46th in Des Moines. But I would head over to Iowa Pet food and Seascapes first. They are a sponsor of GIRS and have some really good prices and selection. They are on 22nd. Adams doesn't sponsor the club.

9. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree.... great prices at Iowa Pet Food, and their selection is improving all the time!

10. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Adams is on 42nd st if your on 235 just get off on 42nd st and go north 1 block its on the right

11. jtesdall

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, yes 42nd thanks Austin.