1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Pepperment Shrimp for aiptasia...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As you know i recently cleaned up my prop tub because of the aiptasia and algae problem.  Well i found a nice ricordia mushroom i forgot i had but the rest of the rock was covered in aiptasia.  I decided to see if my pepperment shrim in my 29 gallon would take care of them....sure enough!!  I took less than 10 seconds for them to pounce and chow them down.  These things are awesome!!  I have a bunch of other frags that have a few aiptasias on them so im gonna bring them all up one by one for the to get picked clean.  Moral of the story....if you have aiptasia get some pepperment shrimp!!!

2. JByrd

JByrd

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I second that!!!!!!!!!! I too have had excellent luck with pepperments...

3. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ah there must be something in the shrimpwater over there. I had a serious problem at one time with aptasia and my 3 peppermints never touched any aptasia. BUT, there are two different species of peppermint shrimp and one likes aptasia and one doesn't. Where did you guys buy your peppermint shrimp?

4. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've always had good luck with peppermint shrimp purchased at Sea of Marvels. They also seem to work better in teams than singles IME.