1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

PAR METER

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Zoobie, Jan 22, 2014.

1. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

I would like to get added to the list for the PAR meter. I'm planning to add optics to my LED fixture and want to get before and after readings. So does Chris (Fence) have it now? Justin - are you planning to use it next? I wasn't sure if you had a chance to use it yet - or if you had already used it and it was going back to you as the trustee.

2. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    I have it now. Just waiting to get it to Justin.

3. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Are you finished with it?

Where do you work/live? If Justing can't get it soon, maybe we could transfer it to me.

4. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Sorry for the delay. I am finished with it and have plans to meet up with Justin tomorrow; however, if that doesn't work I'll let you know.

5. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Hey Justin - did you get the PAR meter over the weekend? How soon do you think you will be done with it and when can I get it?

6. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have the par meter now. It will be avaliable once again this Sunday. I think Jeanette is looking for it next. Stay posted.

7. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to put my name on the list too. I have an LED fixture that I want to calibrate.
    Is the current list as follows:
    Justin S.: Current holder
    Jeanette: 1st

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Jeanette is beckerj3 so you would be 2nd in line

9. Justin S. Well-Known ReefKeeper

Pleasant Hill
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Jeanette has the PAR meter right now. I apologize as I think I dropped the ball here. If you give me your contact info I can get you in touch with Jeanette or you can just PM her.

10. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh wait! I know her. I bought some coral from her a while back. I'll PM her.

11. GoodGreef Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clive, IA
    Ratings:
    +239 / 2 / -0

I would like to get in line for the meter please. Want to do some accuracy comparisons with my Seneye.

12. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had some stuff come up this week and won't be able to use it until early next week. If you're free to use it now you can talk to Jeanette (beckerj3) and get it, then I'll jump back in line after you. Otherwise I'll pick it up early next week and hand it off somewhere around the 6th of December.

13. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0
    Let me know if you want to make arrangements to borrow the par meter this week.

14. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Goodgrief used the par meter last week and returned it on Saturday. So I have it back again for the next person in line.

Kgehrke - that's you again. Let me know if you want to stop by and pick it up.

15. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I would like to use it. Got the livestock transferred to the new tank and now need numbers!

16. Nik Experienced Reefkeeper

Windsor Heights
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I got new leds and would like to use the Par Meter.

17. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Haven't heard from Justin on this, so I will assume that Hart is next in line.

I need to go to Hart's house to pick up a tank and will take the par meter to him - hopefully today, if schedules work out.

We like to have the par meter returned to the trustee or an officer, before passing it on to the next person. However, since Nick will be an officer next year and he is next in line, I think that it works that when Hart is finished with it, he can make arrangements to get it to Nick.

18. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I also have some new LEDs and would like to use the par meter.

19. hart

hart Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I am done with it. Am I suppose to take it somewhere then? FYI I played around with the optics on my reefbreeder value fixtures and am pretty happy now. 3 units had too much variability with all 90 optics. Here is my build thread on reef2reef with a PAR map.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/member-tanks/178581-harts-120-3-4-starfire-expansion.html

20. beckerj3 Expert Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +610 / 2 / -0

Hart - Normally the PAR meter is returned to the trustee. But since our trustee, Justin, lives in Ames, we have been keeping it with another Board member in the Des Moines area. Nick Ball (Nik) is the 2015 Secretary. He also is the next person in line to use the PAR meter. Why don't you make arrangements to meet up with him for the exchange?