1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Overflow repair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nrenn, Sep 29, 2017.

1. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I have a 125 with corner overflows. The plastic dividers were damaged when I bought it, does anyone make a replacement kit? Or has anyone repaired these by salvaging and siliconing in good ones from a bad tank?

2. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I see some companies offer kits. But now I'm thinking maybe it would be worthwhile to take out the corner baffles, plug the holes, and drill the back for a box on the back style overflow

3. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    I would suggest this route. A well designed overflow box using the bean animal 3 drain overflow is a much better system IMO.
    Corner overflows aren't bad. The tanks with the big full height overflows along the back wall are terrible.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Do you have a pic? Might be repairable

5. nrenn Well-Known ReefKeeper

Waverly, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    not handy, but the grates at the top are broke out. maybe ill look at cutting the baffle out entirely and make a beananimal system through the bottom bulkheads with some black pvc stand pipes

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Ok. So it’s just the “teeth” that are busted out? I thought you might be describing the entire overflow tower, like a skimpy from top to bottom

If it’s only the teeth, just cut them all out and epoxy in some gutter guard

Shop Frost King Plastic Gutter Guard at Lowes.com