1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Out of town for next weekend, need a fish sitter.

Discussion in 'Waterloo / Cedar Falls Area' started by adampottebaum, Jun 4, 2009.

1. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, I'm going to be out of town next weekend(June12th-14th) and I'll need someone to feed my fish. I would be able to use my auto feeder for some flake but I recently got a seahorse tank going(thanks Brian). If you know anything about seahorses you'd know they HAVE to be fed every day due to their short digestive tract. They say it's ok to skip one day out of the week, but I just want to play it safe and have them fed. I've got some brine going now for a couple days so I'm planning on putting some in there for them to munch on. I'm taking off Friday sometime so I was hopin someone could feed them Saturday and possibly Sunday. I should be back Sunday but just not sure what time yet. If anyone is going to be in the area let me know, I don't have any corals ready for fragging quite yet, but I can offer money! My new apartment complex is locked from the outside, so I'd need to give who ever feeds them one of my keys.
    Adam Pottebaum
    123 Brentwood Drive Apt. 3
    Cedar Falls, IA 50613
    712 540 2359
    Thanks...

2. ReefNinja GIRS Member

Cedar Falls, Iowa
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I am glad to hear that the seahorses are doing well in their new home. [​IMG]

I will do some checking and let you know by this afternoon if it would be possible for me to swing by and feed them.
    I think my wife's got plans for this weekend...  I will let you know...   Thanks

Brian

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yea they are doing great. I found they like eating the smaller mysis shrimp that I had though. The PE mysis are awesome but they can only eat the small pieces and the rest go to waste...

4. vikubz Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Falls
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I could do it.

Mark

5. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have a pretty busy weekend but if no one else can do it i could proby