1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

other pets!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Guest, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i thought someone else would've started this by now but... i have yet to see one... if there is - sorry!
    so, tell me/us about your other pets if you have any - or maybe if you used to have one that you really liked you could share that here..
    ashley and i have a lot of pets ( i am currently in the process of making our own reef/ pet website)... i will list the ones at my house so she can post the ones at
    hers ( i know you totally want to post something ash /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif )
    so at my house we haveeee :
    a pug (family pet) its name is lil' one  (we got it with that name.. we all hate that name as far as i know but its kinda stuck) - it has a couple tricks including but not limited to ( i dont know if i know all the tricks it can do because i never try to get it to do anything) -  "dance" which is where it stands up and spins around - your standard sit, which doesnt REALLY count as a trick to me but its still desired... "roll over" - it can even kind of say "i love you" if you say it to it... it has a dog sound to it you know.. kinda scooby doo ish.. and if you sit food on its nose itll flick it up and eat it...
    ash recently adopted a guinea pig. its name is keiko... i dont really know what to say about it... no tricks yet. its nice, likes to lick hands/fingers and loves granny smith apples. we got no information with it so we dont know much personal info about it. standard stuff - loves timmothy hay, likes to hide in tubes, its cute and cuddly!
    and of course the "reef" tank - also have a 7 gallon bow front nano kinda started... its in a funky stage right now... just started a diatom bloom... there isnt a fish or any inverts in it.
    i thought this was a good worthy topic.
    also - post pictures if you can!
    the only picture i have right now is of the guinea pig -
    [​IMG]
    your turn!

2. xcaptivate

xcaptivate Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Alright! So I guess it's my turn. I'll just go through and list the pets at my house..
    Maltese-Suzie (the "family" dog) She is crazy, to say the least. She loves to lick peoples' hands and run around the house like there is no tomorrow. She also likes the casseroles that my mom makes but I don't like. I will include a couple of pictures of me with her..she has various haircuts in them but normall doesn't look like she has a mullet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eastern box turtle-Franklin. I've had him since we were both about 4 or 5 years old. He's lost some of his charm with age, but still has character. For a long time my brother had him and sort of neglected him. I didn't know about it at the time, but have since tried to make him a happier turtle. I don't have pictures of him.

Russian tortise-Apple. She isn't as old as Franklin. She is cuter than Franklin. She enjoys tearing garbage bags apart and flipping over her cardboard house. No one has ever seen her drink water, but she is alive!

I also have a freshwater tank. It is crowded right now (I know this, so no lectures please!). It currently has a fantail goldfish named Einstein, a koi named Turbo (he's getting HUGE...very good looking), 2 comets (one of their names is Comet), and one common goldfish which has grown a ton. It is unnamed. I'm looking to have a pond at some point, and realize they're crowded. I'll be getting rid of one of the comets soon

Oh, almost forgot to mention the bettas. I have 3 betta fish...not residing together of course. James is the oldest; I've had him for about three years. One of the others is blue and named Bonkers. The third is actually my grandma's, but hasn't made it to her house yet. James is below.

[​IMG]

I think that's about it...enjoy!

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    We have a Ragdoll cat named cinnamon (I hate cats) My son Alex has a guinea pig he calls Butt Cheeks, and my son Cade has a gerbil he calls Dexter ( I call him cat food).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    butt cheeks!!! thats freakin awesome!

how do you pronounce cade? like kay dee or like k'd ? idk. looks like a cool name..

butt cheeks is way funny...

5. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a couple other pets too.
    I have a Flat Rock Scorpion.
    [​IMG]
    I've had the scorpion for about 2 years. They make really cool pets.
    I also have a dog. Here name is Sable and she is a Australian Shepherd & Border Collie mix.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the crappy pic. I lost all my pics when my old computer crashed.
    Well thats all I have for pets.

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here is my pet bug, his name is Skeeter.  We like to go for walks and play in the park.  He also likes to cuddle with me at night.
    [​IMG]
    Ok ok, he's not really my pet but i did get a cool picture of him.

7. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dude that is a cool pic.

8. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is my Son Colin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I have folders full if you guys need more!!!

Also if i can just add this little plug
    My girlfriend's twin and her cousin just open theirr own Grooming Salon in Waterloo on the corner of Falls and Ansbrough. Call them at 235-9851
    They have been grooming in the area for over 12 years.

9. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have had 3 parakeets, 23 hamsters, 2 rats, gerbil, 6 cockatiels, a freshwater tank, and now all I have is my reef and I am looking for a black lab puppy for the new house.

10. Bullet

Bullet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Travis on 11/14/2007 11:24 PM
    I have had 3 parakeets, 23 hamsters, 2 rats, gerbil, 6 cockatiels, a freshwater tank, and now all I have is my reef and I am looking for a black lab puppy for the new house.
    What are you looking to do with the black lab?  I have hooked up with a guy that breads them and works them for hunting and field trials.  AWESOME dogs!  They come from grand champions and have been pointing certified.  I think he may even have 1 left.  He gets $400 for them.....that is actually a steal for the blood lines.  Plus I have seen the parents at work.  Those dogs do things that I did not even know that dogs could do.  No if he could only get my dog to do it.  We are getting there but it just takes time and I am very impatient.

11. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man, that is an awesome price!!! My wife would kill me if I got a dog before we got a house though... They sound exactly like what I am looking for. Does the breeder have a website that you know of? Maybe I can catch him with the next pups.

12. Bullet

Bullet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No website.  This is more of a passion for him than a business.  He said that he basically just breads his dogs to pay for entry fees and gas money.  I would guess he will have another litter in the summer.  They go fast though.  Everyone around here seems to have a dog that one way or another came from him.  I will see if I can get some video of the dogs working.  It is truely amazing.

If I were you...I would get one before you move.  That way you can start with fresh carpet in the new place....if you know what I mean /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif.

13. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I rent here though and the owner would not appreciate the new puppy smell... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/tongue.gif

14. Travis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got any pictures to share Bob?

15. Bullet

Bullet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would but I cannot figure out how to post a picture!

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey bob, can you let me know when he has another litter. We will be looking for one soon. Debating on a lab or weimreimer.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    if anyone has a dachshund they dont want anymore.. let me know! im lookin for one.

18. Paper Clip

Paper Clip Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well uploading pictures of my pets would take too much time!  We currently have 6 dogs(3 Italian greyhounds, 2 Basset Hounds, and a Mutt) 4 cats, a snake and a couple fish tanks.   In two weeks we will have two litters of puppies so for a while we will have many more than that.  Here's the website my wife put together and that works a lot easier than me posting a ton of pics! 

http://hstrial-mhageman.homestead.com/resources.html

19. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We have two cats and a retired greyhound named booker.  They are great dogs, we got Booker when our Lab passed away last year.  They are giant couch potatos.  We are a foster home for Heartland Greyhound Adoption and just got three new guests off the track today.  Iowa Pet Foods is a great store the way that they help organizations such as this so one grateful plug for them!  If anyone is ever interested in greyhounds, let me know, they ususally have a meet every month.
    http://www.heartlandgreyhoundadoption.org/index.html

20. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Are greyhounds OK around babies? My grandpa used to hunt rabbits with greyhounds and he told me that a crying baby sounds like a rabbit in distress and could cause a greyhound to attack the baby.